Chapter Thirteen

***This chapter has been edited by my Beta Casey. Please leave me a review...and maybe a vote? I would greatly appreciate it. It keeps me motivated.***

My boots squished into the earth as I leaped from the last porch step and took off into a run. My mind was already becoming that of a hunter, something I was grateful to have experience in. I was taught to hunt by the best; Kol Mikaelson was a force to be reckoned with, and if you got on his wrong side, there was nowhere you could hide.

During one of my many short lives, Rebekah, Kol, and I had teamed up in an attempt to cure me. Of course, it didn't work, and when we realized nothing would stop what was coming, we decided to enjoy our time together.

I joined Kol in the hunt for a vampire who had betrayed him. It had been exhilarating, and I learned a lot. Kol had been a brilliant witch. I was never allowed to practice with him when he was human, I was separated and taught on my own. Esthar never allowed me to practice with the family.

Yet, I had still found time to spend with Kol even without practicing magic, and we got along very well. I loved his attitude and adventurous nature. When I had the opportunity to see him again, I was overjoyed. Although he was no longer able to practice, he was still able to teach and was just as talented in that.

I stood in the front yard, my senses heightened as I took everything in. I could smell Vicki in the air, her perfume and sweat mingling with the scent of the damp air around me. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. In my mind, I could see her stumbling down the stairs of our front porch, her shirt partially tucked into her jeans, her mascara smeared. She was wild and unfocused, reminiscent of a trapped animal. I zeroed in on her and watched as she looked left and right, her hair swinging around her, green eyes frantic. She took out her phone and dialed a number, speaking to someone I could not hear, before running down the street to her right. I started to follow her, my eyes still closed, until something hard took my wrist and stopped me. My eyes shot open, and I circled, wrapping myself around the back of whoever had tried to pin me, squeezing their neck, my ineffective teeth bared threateningly. My body and mind were both still feeding off Vicki's fear. I snarled menacingly, my magic swirling around me, waiting for my command. When I finally focused and came back to myself, I realized who and where I was. I looked down and saw Stefan in my arms, my teeth near his jugular. I could hear someone growling lowly and looked around us, trying to identify who was making the sound before I realized it was coming from deep within my own throat. I quickly dropped him and stepped away, wholly mortified.

"Wow, Stefan, I am so sorry. I was mirroring Vicki," I explained, toeing the ground.

The moon shined brightly above us, casting Stefan in an otherworldly glow his skin opaque, his eyes shining brightly with mirth. "It's ok, Elandra. I'm still getting used to the fact that you're a witch. You've just never pegged me as the magical type. You were always so demure. I should have known you were casting," he half-heartedly laughed.

I frowned at him with a huff and placed my hands on my hips, narrowing my eyes and motioning towards the direction Vicki had escaped towards. "Use your puppy nose and sniff her out, Bingo," I said.

Stefan ignored my weak dig, but his nose twitched, and we both followed Vicki's trail. I reached in my pocket to pull out my keys when Stefan retook my wrist. I looked up into his green eyes and narrowed my own. "Listen, Mr grabby. If you like that hand of yours where it is, I would move it. Now,"

Stefan bit his lower lip and shook his head with a smile. "I'm sorry, El. I was just going to say we don't have time to drive. It's dark now, which means Damon is out. I can take you. It's faster," he said, motioning towards his back.