Chapter 18: 3am Madness

After vomiting, I wiped my mouth and grabbed a some (drink of choice) to wash out the taste I my mouth. What could have been that made me throw up? I'm not sick, I think, but the only thing that happened yesterday was my stomach hurting. Maybe I am sick. I look over at the clock. It read "3:34 AM". Of course. Well I outta go to the store, since it's open all the time, and grab a sickness test. I'm not too sure how it works, but I think it checks the white blood cells and "sees" if they're fighting off something abnormal. It's only like $10, so why not. I'm in my PJ's, but so are most people at this time of night. I grab the keys off the key stand. I hear footsteps behind me. I turn around to see a person standing in the hallway. I squint and could tell it was Mark. "Hey Mark." I whispered, trying not to wake up Jack, who was sleeping on the couch. Bob and Wade went home, since they're not far away. "Hey (Y/N). Are you alright? I heard some vomiting." Mark asked, coming closer so he could see me better. "Yea. I don't think I'm sick, but I'm going to the store for a sickness test just to be sure." I said, reaching out for the door knob, even though I don't have shoes on. "Let me come with you." Mark said, putting his hand on the door knob before I could. I smiled and, from the looks of it, he already had his shoes and glasses on. "Fine." I said, grabbing my shoes. "You don't need those." Mark said, walking up to me. "What do you me-" Mark picked me bridal style, interrupting me. "Mark!" I whisper-yelled. "On to victory!" He said, opening the door. I at least managed to grab my shoes. He speed walked out to the car, still holding me, after closing the door. "Unlock it." He said in the middle of parking lot. I held out the key and pressed the unlock button. It made an unlocking sound. I started slipping from Mark's grasp. "Your going too fast! I'm slipping!" I said, trying to not fall off. He slowed down for a second, and he jumped up, moving his arms back under me, to support me better. I sighed a sigh of relief and so did he. We made it over to the car, and Mark opened the passenger door and set me down. He went over to his side and started the car. "Onwards!" He said before leaving the parking lot.

"Alright, This is what we want." Mark said, putting the sickness test on the counter. "Alright. That'll be $10.59." The cashier said. We handed him the money and he handed us our item. "Have a good day. Your a lovely couple." He said as we were about to leave the store. "We're not a couple..." We both said, turning around, embarrassment on both of our faces. "Oh god. I'm so sorry." The cashier said, trying to look away. Me and Mark just walked out without responding. I looked over at him and his face was bright red, with blush?

______________________________________
(A/N) Heh heh...........
                           ~Jac-kat