2: A River Vixen.

Toni's POV: At school

I shoved my books into my plain, empty locker. Who even likes school? Not me. I slam my locker shut.
"Hey Cha-Cha!" Cheryl says, startling me. She was standing behind the open door of my locker.
"Oh my gosh Cheryl." i say, putting my hand on my beating heart.
"Did i scare you?" she grinned. I nod and smile through pants "Yes!"
"Anyways," she begun "i think you should try out for my River Vixens."
"Thanks for the offer but cheerleading isn't really my thing." I pull my bag onto my shoulder and turn around to walk off.
"Not so fast Miss Serpent" she stands right in front of me against the lockers "I think you'd fit in perfectly as a vixen you should come by at the practices."
I raise my eyebrows at her.
"Please." She puts her hands together.
I sigh. "Fine, Cheryl. When are the practices?"
She smiles and claps. "Today, at lunch."
"I'll be there."
"See you then!" Cheryl takes of down the corridor and i walk the opposite way as i hear the sound of her heels get quieter.

Toni's POV: Cheer tryouts.

"What size are you, T?" Cheryl asks me as she runs her fingers through a clothes rack full of River Vixen uniform.
"Umm a 6?" i reply, unsure. Cheryl pulls a set of size 6 clothes and hands them to me on the hanger.
"Ah Toni, aren't you small." she pats me on the head and exits the door into the gym. I sigh to myself and shake my head as i change into the uniform. Perfect fit.
I push open the door and walk into the gym. Cheryl turns round at me and smiles
"Perfect. You look amazing." she tells me as i get closer. I smile at her and squeeze her hand.
She claps loudly "Okay girls! Gather round!" The rest of the Vixens stand in a curved line around Cheryl and I.
"This is Toni" she begins. I smile at the girls. "She's trying out so make her feel welcome and give her some love!" She smiles and pats me on the back as she joins the line of Vixens.
"You got this" she mouths to me from the line as the music starts. It fills me with confidence.
I feel nervous at first but as soon as i start, all my nerves are gone. I used to love dancing as a kid back in my old town so i breeze through the routine.
When i am done, i smile at the girls as they clap. Cheryl makes her way over to me.
"All those in favour of Toni joining the Vixens?" Cheryl asks the cheer squad.
Before they can even answer, Cheryl interrupts. "Never mind, it's my decision anyway. Toni, you're in." She turns to me and holds both my hands with hers. I give her a 'thank you' smile before she turns around and walks off. The rest of the girls gather round.
"That was amazing. I'm Veronica."
"Thank you." i smile.
"You're so good, Toni."
I turn around, it's Jughead's girlfriend, Betty.
"Betty! I've heard all about you!" i say as i go in for a hug. She just laughs, "And i've heard all about you too."
"You have?"
"Yeah, you're one of Jugs closest friends. Right?"
"Yeah." I nod.
"One of his only friends." Cheryl says from behind us. We all turn around to face her. "Shoo Vixens, practice is over for today. Inner circle, stay behind. You know who you are."
I begin to walk off with the majority of the cheerleaders before Cheryl calls me back. "No Toni, you stay."
I turn around and smile as i make my way to stand with Betty and Veronica.
"So ladies," Cheryl begins. "You all up for a milkshake at pops tonight?"
Veronica, Betty and I all nod.
"Sound good, Cheryl." Veronica says.
"Great! See you there at 6."
Cheryl walks between us and into the changing rooms. I watch in awe as she leaves through the door.