4: Keeping A Secret.

Toni's POV: At Toni's trailer.

c: hey, i had fun tonight.
t: so did i, thank you.
c: no worries, get to sleep it's late.
t: it's never too late i'm basically nocturnal.
c: haha, you're funny.
t: it's wasn't a joke, cha-cha.
c: did you just call me cha-cha?
t: i sure did.
c: that's my thing!
t: what's yours is mine.
c: what ever. goodnight t.
t: goodnight.

I dropped my on my chest and stared up at the ceiling. I could feel myself smiling. "That girl is sensational." I say out loud as i drift off in my own thoughts.

I'm woken up by my alarm at 7am. I groan and roll over to turn it off and i check my phone at the same time. Why did Cheryl text me at 3 in the morning? i ask myself, confused.
c: you awake, cha-cha? -3.07am
i quickly reply.
t: no i was not but why were you?
c: i couldn't sleep, i thought you said you were nocturnal ;)
t: it was a long night.
c: you bet it was.

I leave my phone on my bed and get ready. I was concerned to why Jug hadn't turned up yet but then i realised it was Tuesday. On Tuesdays he goes to school early to print and publish his story into the Blue & Gold with Betty.
"It looks like i'm getting myself to school today." I say to myself as i put my bag on my shoulder and leave my trailer.

Toni's POV: In school.

When i get into school, i head straight towards my locker to put away all my heavy books. Back at SouthSide High i didn't even carry a school bag but now i have so many books that i don't even need.
As i approach my locker, i notice Cheryl stood by it looking beautiful as always. When she noticed me, her face lit up.
"TT!" she exclaimed.
"Hey, Cheryl." I chuckle as i open my locker, "someone's in a good mood."
"The best!" she says smiling.
I just laugh and i dump everything from my bag straight into my locker and slam the door shut.
Cheryl looks at my locker concerned. "Don't you need that History book for next period?" she asks.
"How do you know what lesson i have?" i reply.
"We have it together, airhead." she laughs.
"Ohh." I quickly realise that in that lesson was the first time i ever saw Cheryl.
"I don't need it, it's not like i'm going to be doing any work when i have someone as beautiful as you sat infront of me" I continue.
She giggles and gets closer to me, our faces centimetres apart. I bite my lip and i expected her to kiss me. She leaned in before quickly moving her head away due to the sound of Archie's voice.
"Hey Cheryl. Hey Toni." he says cheerfully.
"Hey." We both say in sync.
He walks on by without noticing that me and Cheryl were about to kiss. I'm glad he interrupted us, i'm not too sure that i wanted people to know about me and Cheryl. Not just yet.

Toni's POV: Cheer practice after school.

We practiced our routine for the football game, with Cheryl front and centre of course and with me only a row behind. I'm new to cheerleading and not very good at it but Cheryl believes in me.
"Okay ladies!" Cheryl exclaims. "Take 5, and uh Toni, a word please?"
I look up at her, confused. She gestures to me to follow her as she makes her way towards the changing rooms. We sit on a bench in the empty room and she holds my hands.
"Toni," she begins. "I really like you, you know that. And i'm not ashamed of it... i just think we should keep it a secret, keep us a secret just for a while whilst we're in public. If my mother finds out... she'll kill me." Cheryl explains.
I look at her. I am stunned but i understand.
"Of course Cheryl. If that's what you want then that it was we will do." I tell her.
She smiles at me. "It's not forever T, it's just i've never had a girlfriend. In fact i've never liked a girl before and it's just scary for me. We can do whatever you want when we're alone, i promise."
I nod. I don't even want to imagine what is going through her head right now.
"Don't worry Cheryl, it's fine. Take as long as you need, i'm not going to rush you." I reassure her by squeezing her hand.
"Thanks for understanding, T" she says and she pulls me in for a kiss. Our lips lock, just as Veronica walks through the door.
"Oh my!" Veronica exclaims.
Cheryl and I pull away, mortified.
"Veronica! I-" Cheryl begins to explain.
"Don't worry, my lips are sealed" she pretends to lock her lips and throw away the imaginary key.
We both let out a sign of relief. "Thank you" i say. She winks at us both before grabbing her bag and leaving.
Cheryl and I look at each other and laugh. "What a great start!" She says sarcastically.
I laugh.
"Walk me home?" she asks.
"Of course."

Toni's POV: Outside of Cheryl's house.

"Wow! You live here?" i ask.
"Yup."
"I didn't know you were rich."
"We're not, since my fathers death, all the money has gone down the drain. We're barely surviving." Cheryl explains, looking at the floor.
"Oh i'm sorry to here that." I say.
"Don't be" she looks up and smiles. "You should come in."
"As much as i'd love to Cheryl, i really need to get home."
"I understand. Maybe tomorrow?"
"I'd be honoured." I say.
"Great!" She gives me a quick peck on the lips before walking down her driveway into her mansion of a home.