16: Freedom Atlast.

Toni's POV: At school.

Cheryl and I were back at school after our night at the hotel and it was also Cheryl's first day back after she was sent to the Sisters of Quiet Mercy.
A few people came up to us and asked where she went but Cheryl just told them she was ill, i guess she was embarrassed about the fact that her mother sent her away.

We were stood by my locker talking and holding hands when Mr Weatherbee approached us.
"Cheryl!" she shouts.
Cheryl looks up at him.
"Where have you been? Your mother had been calling the school non-stop." he asks.
"She's been with me." i tell him.
"You need to go home Cheryl." he says.
"No i'm not to." Cheryl replies.
"You need to, your mother is worried sick." Mr Weatherbee explains.
"No she's not worried, she just wants to know where i am." Cheryl got angrier and i decided to step in.
"I'm not letting her go back to her house. Its not safe, sir." i explain.
"Why isn't it safe. Cheryl, you need to explain." he says.
"My mother sent me away to the Sisters of Quiet Mercy because she said i was deviant. I stayed there but escaped a few days later. I didn't return home because i know my mother would murder me." Cheryl trembles.
"Its a bit far to say she will murder you, don't you think?" My Weatherbee asks.
"No, she's abused me ever since i could remember." Cheryl says, as her eyes filled with tears.
"Oh..." Mr Weatherbee says quietly. "This sounds like a situation for the Sheriff. Please follow me." he says, he turns around and makes his way down the corridor.
Cheryl grabs my hand and we follow behind him. Cheryl never told me about her childhood and how her parents would abuse her, but i didn't want to bring it up incase i opened an old wound.

Cheryl and I stood outside Mr Weatherbee's office as he called the Sheriff.
When Sheriff Keller arrived, he asked Cheryl to follow him and asked me to stay outside.
Cheryl looked at me, she was clearly terrified.
"Don't worry, you'll be okay. I love you." i whisper to her.
She took a deep breath in and smiled at me. She held her head high like the old Cheryl Blossom would and walked into the office behind the Sheriff.
I sat down on the chairs against the wall and tapped my foot and bit my nails nervously.

Cheryl's POV: Mr Weatherbee's office.

Sheriff Keller and Mr Weatherbee ask me lots of questions about my childhood and what my parents did.
I explained to them about the abuse i received as a child and how Jason was always the favourite. I also told them what my mother did a few days ago when she drove me out to be locked away at the Sisters.
"I think we need to get your mother in here." the Sheriff said.
"No! I can't see her, not after everything that happened." i shout back.
"I don't know what to do then Cheryl. I can't move your mother out as she own the house." The Sheriff says.
A single tear rolls down my face. I feel defeated and i feel embarrassed. I just told them everything that i hadn't even told Toni and there isn't anything they can do anyway.
"We can move you in with a family from the South Side, but apart from that, there isn't really anything else we can do." The sheriff tells me.
"She can move in with me." someone says. I turn around to see Toni stood in the door way with her arms folded. She makes her way closer and stands next to the chair i was sat it.
"The rules at the trailer park are that there is a maximum of 2 people in a trailer. And luckily, i am the only one properly living there at the moment." Toni explains.
I look up at her and smile, she smiles back.
"Well... If that's okay with you both then i can get the paper work for you to sign." Sheriff Keller says.
Toni and I nod. "It's perfectly fine with me." she says.
The Sheriff nods and rummages through lots of papers to find our contract. When he does, he places it down on the desk and Toni and I both sign our names.
"Well then, it's official. I will and let your mother know, Cheryl." Sheriff Keller says.
"Okay, but she won't care." i reply.
He gets up and walks out the room.
"Will you two be okay together?" Mr Weatherbee asks.
"We will be fine, she's been living with me for the past few days to stay away from her horrible mother anyway." Toni replies.
Mr Weatherbee nods and Toni and I get up and make our way out of his office into the corridor.
I hug Toni the tightest i've ever hugged her.
"Thank you so much. You have saved my life Toni and i don't know how i'll ever be able to thank you enough." i say.
"You don't need to thank me, you have given me enough just by loving me." she says.
I pull away from the hug and lean Toni against the wall as i go in to kiss her. Our lips lock and we kiss passionately, as if we were the only two people in the world.
My love for her is forever undying.
Suddenly, the sound of people clapping distracts us from our moment as everyone in the corridor was watching us kiss.
Toni and I look at each other and laugh as we just realised what we did. When i'm around her, i feel like i'm dreaming.