x AARON JUDGE x

For Katie!!!

-------------------------

I am incredibly proud of my best friend, Jennifer, for finding her forever. Even though we haven't been friends for very long, I feel like I've known her for a majority of my life. Now, here we are at a local coffee shop talking about her dream wedding. I was very honored for her to ask me to be the maid of honor. Of course I said yes. I mean, who couldn't. It would be awfully rude to say no.

I am so excited to go to her and her fiancé's engagement party, but there is only one problem. I don't know who her groom-to-be is. That's one thing we always stay clear of in conversations. We never talk about our dating lives to each other. And you would expect two girls to only talk about that, but we both don't think it's that important to talk about.

***Jennifer's POV***

There is actually a huge reason why I don't speak about my relationship with Aaron to Katie. It's because many people don't know Aaron and I are a thing. Ever since he got called up to the majors we've kept our relationship to ourselves. I really do trust Katie, like with my whole life, but I just can't get myself to tell her that part of my life, but soon she'll have to find out.

As Aaron and I get ready for our engagement party, we both feel anxious. We're both not ready to publicly display any type of affection towards each other, or worse, out our relationship.

"Are you sure you're ready for this, Aaron?" "I'm sure I want to marry you, but you know how I feel about the privacy of our relationship." "I know, I know, but it will be fine. No matter what happens at that party, we'll always have each other." "I love you." "I love you too."

I call Katie as we make our way to the venue of the party to let her know we're on our way. "Hey Katie, I'm just letting you know we're on our way." As I say Katie's name, I can't help but notice the look on Aaron's face. It's full of shock and nothing else, but he doesn't say anything after I get off of the phone, he just continues to drive.

***Aaron's POV***

Twenty minutes later and we're at the party, and every minute that it took to get here I thought about Katie. I mean it had to be my Katie she was talking about, or maybe it was a different one. If it is the girl that I used to be in love with, we're going to have some trouble tonight.

***Katie's POV***

As I walk in the building immediately look for my best friend, I suddenly kid myself looking at what appears to be my ex, Aaron. What is he doing here? Does he know Jennifer? Neither one of them have mentioned the other. He must be here for the groom...

"Katie! Why are you here?" "Um, well my best friend is getting married, so I though it be a good idea to show my support, especially since I'm the maid of honor." "I can't believe this is happening..." "What do you mean?" "I'm still in love with you, Katie..." "Aaron, I know you don't mean that." "But it's true! I know I've been lost ever since we stopped dating. Seeing you just made me realize it." "There's no way I could do this to Jennifer." "There is a way though." "How?" "How about we just leave and hop on a plane to wherever." "Sounds fun, I'm in." With that being said, Aaron grabs my hand, leading me out of the door and giving me a quick kiss before we hop in my car and head to the airport. I feel so happy now that I know the reason I was so down all the time. It was because Aaron wasn't with me. Now, I'm so glad to have him back in my life and be able to call him mine again.