𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

DEAR JACK,
Anger is all I feel lately.
Not even the loneliness can take it all away.
Goodbyes are harder when you fear they won't stay.
Emotions should only be for those who care,
Love is something I want to refuse to feel.

❂

IT HAD BEEN QUITE A WHILE SINCE THE WINCHESTERS HAD SEEN THE PROPHET DONATELLO. The last they had seen him was when God and The Darkness had made Earth their ground to sort out their own issues. Now Donatello had sat upon the couch with his hand placed over his chest as he breathed deeply, attempting to sort himself out.

"You okay?" Sam asked the man, watching him carefully. Just the thought of possibly being okay had caused Donatello to begin to fan himself with his hat, letting a loud sigh escape from his lips.

"Ah, pretty much. No soul of course, thanks to Amara. It's kind of like losing your appendix. You never really notice it when you had it," he groaned slightly, shifting around until he had grown comfortable. "But now, when I come to a moral crossroad, I ask myself— What would Mr. Rogers do? And as soon as I nail that, I'm usually good."

Pressing his lips into a fine line, Dean held in his annoyance towards Donatello. For once, he had wanted someone to be straight with him and not have him grind his teeth together. "Why are you here?"

This had struck Donatello. After discovering that God had truly existed, he had felt as if his life had taken a completely different direction. "Yes, that is the question we all must ask."

Seeing that Deans anger begin to rise further than it had before caused Jack and Rose to turn to one another. It was just like Donatello to get on Deans nerves when he was in a tough spot and about to blow up on anyone that got in his path.

"Why are you in Wyoming?" Dean asked loudly, hoping for an actual response.

"After God left, I said to myself— Donatello, you are so retired. I mean, who needs a prophet of God when there is no God? So a few days ago, I'm online, checking out condos in Boca, and I am knocked off my feet by this weird wave of power. Not exactly like God's. More like... something new, something fresh. I was drawn to it here."

His eyes shifted across the room at each one of them before they landed on Rose. "Not you. Your powers... I can't feel them anymore. There's no darkness around you." Hearing this, Jack turned over to her curiously. He looked her over wondering what possible sense of darkness could be surrounding her ever. It was a reminder that had really had no idea who the people were that had protected him.

Donatello sat up straighter as he had felt the wave of power so close. It was almost magical to feel it right before him. It wasn't God— but it felt right. His eyes had shifted over towards the boy that Rose had sat next to and this had caused his eyes to grow wide. "It's you. Who are you?"