𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

DEAR JACK,
Simply put, I care for you, no matter
How many times you've put blame on yourself.
Only you feel that you deserve it.
To me, my pain is brought upon myself.

❂

THE GHOUL DISGUISED AS DAVE MATHER HAD BEEN ROBBING A BANK, UNAWARE TO WHAT HAD BEEN AWAITING HIM OUTSIDE. Just as he had exited the bank, Dean Winchester had stepped into view. Despite his giddiness of being face to face with Dave Mather, Dean had managed to remain calm and confident as he stood his ground. "Dave Mather, robbing a bank. That's a bold move. You must like to play cowboy."

The ghoul had looked down at himself with a bright smile. "It's my favorite suit. You know, I like to keep a little piece of Dave on me to gnaw on." Laughing to himself, he had stepped closer to Dean. With his advancement on Dean, the others had came out into view to show the ghoul that he was not alone. "More hunters," he exclaimed. "Must be my birthday."

"Look, why don't you come with us someplace else? We can do this quick and quiet," Sam offered calmly. Dave, on the other hand, decided to pull out his gun for a fight against the five. The moment the gun had came into view, Sam hadn't taken any chances and began firing at the ghoul.

Castiel had grabbed each Jack and Rose by the collars of their jackets, pulling the behind a stagecoach with him. Forcing them into a crouched position he checked them over quickly. "Are you both okay?"

Both glanced to one another before nodding their heads in response. Glad to hear that, Castiel stood up tall, "Stay."

His demands were instantly ignored as both Jack and Rose jumped up to their feet to come participate. Turning to them, the disapproval on Castiels face had Rose slowly start to slink back down to where he had placed her. Jack didn't seem to feel intimidated and smiled brightly. "It's okay. I got this."

Ignoring Castiels pleads to stay behind, Jack emerged from behind the stagecoach, ready to prove himself. Even through the several shots that had buried into his chest, Jack had remained calm as he approached Dave Mather.

With a determined look upon his face, Jack had came to a stop as he raised his hand towards the ghoul. With a force of power, he had the full intention of hitting the ghoul, only to strike the guard that had made his way out of the bank to check on the situation. The guard was instantly flung backwards, the sound of his head cracking open when he had hit the wall behind him had stopped Jack's world before him.

As he stood in shock, Rose had came out from behind the stagecoach, rushing up to Jack. Stunned by the use of Jack's power, Dave had taken a shot in the dark, hoping he would hit one of the hunters before him.

Right in the shoulder, Rose had felt a wave of fire spread from that point. Unable to hold herself up, she got to her knees with her hand pressed tight against the wound. As she pulled her hand away from the wound, she had seen the blood that caked her hands, before looking up to Sam who had came to her rescue. "He shot me!"

While the rest had hurried towards the guard, Sam had fallen to his knees in front of Rose with a large smile. "Hey," he whispered. "Yeah, he got you good." Taking her hand off the wound, he pressed his own hand against it, ignoring her wince in pain. "Looks like it went right through. That's good, right?"

"I'd rather not be shot," she laughed. Somehow, Sams upbeat mood had allowed for her to forget the pain that was coursing through her. "Hey, is that guard okay?"

"Uh, I don't know. Don't think about it right now," he said hesitantly. Turning around, he had caught sight of Dean running after the ghoul while Jack and Castiel had hovered over the guards body. "Think we're gonna have to head home. Dean can handle Dave Mather."

Placing her hand over Sam's, she used her strength to pull herself onto her feet. "Come on," she whispered.

Following along with her, they had approached the two that had blocked the body from each of them. With a shake of his head, Castiel had told them that there was no chance that the man had managed to live through it.

Castiel had reached his hand out towards her, wanting to heal her wound up so they could handle this. However, Rose had seen the pain on Jack's face, knowing he had killed an innocent man. Turning her shoulder away, she looked to Jack. "You didn't do it on purpose."

Meeting her eyes, he had felt the slightest bit better, still the pain had been there knowing what he had done. Swallowing hard, his eyes traveled down to her shoulder and knew he could fix something. Sticking out his hand, he pushed Sam's hand off and placed his hand on top of Rose's. A gold glow had slipped from under their hands as the pain had vanished before her.

Pulling her hand away, the blood had remained but the bullet wound had been gone. As his arm had fallen back down to his side, Rose had pulled him into her arms. "Thank you," she whispered. "Please don't blame yourself for what happened."

"We should get going," Sam suggested hesitantly. "Uh, you two can head to the car, Cas and I can handle the guard. That okay?"

Pulling Jack out of her arms, Rose had given him a reassuring smile before looking to Sam. "Yeah, we'll meet you there." Slipping her hand down into Jack's, she had him follow along with her.

"I hurt him," he whispered. Looking up to her, his sadness had hit him hard. "I killed him."

"Not because you wanted to," she confirmed. "You we're trying to stop the ghoul, it was an accident."

Looking down at their hands, Jack had felt instant guilt. "But I didn't stop him. He shot you, and I killed someone. It's my fault."

"Hey, I also stepped out into shooting range," she laughed. "It's my fault I got shot. But you healed me without even thinking twice about it. As far as I'm concerned, there's not an evil bone in your body." Stopping before the Impala, she opened the door and gestured for him to climb in first. The way she had looked at him without any pity, it had been comforting to him. Dropping her hand out of his, he got into the Impala, sliding over as he waited for Rose to follow along with him. If he had to wait in his guilt, he was glad he was allowed to do it with her to make him feel better.