𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

DEAR JACK,
All that's left is the empty.
The darkness that surrounds us,
And has us question those few moments between life and death.
In those moments, I lose you because by then,
I have already lost myself.

❂

MICHAEL HAD BEEN ON HIS WAY TO THE BUNKER TO PAY A VISIT. Everyone had taken cover to run from Michael while the Winchesters had stayed to fight. However, for Rose, the world around her was quiet. Making her way down the hall, blood had dripped from her hands and an angel blade soaked in blood had barely dangled from her finger tips.

Rounding the corner, Rose had been shaking as she kept her eyes focused on her hands. Every pair of eyes that had sat around the table had been on her as she slowly looked up at them. The blackness had disappeared from her eyes when she had blinked, but that didn't erase the blood that splattered across her face and the blood that covered her clothes and soaked up to her elbows.

Standing up slowly, Dean had felt a fear settle in him that he had never felt before but he had managed to remain calm for the group. Mary had placed a hand over her mouth as she turned away in surprise. "Hey, kid," Dean began gently.

Wide eyed in shock, Rose had shifty eyes as they looked to everyone around the table. She couldn't find the words to explain herself and what she had done. Dean had taken a step toward her and out of impulse, she had taken a step back.

Gently holding out his hand, he showed he was not a threat. "Put down the blade," he instructed. "Just toss it down."

Holding onto it, Rose had finally met his eyes and only his. But she had seen the blade that he held in his other hand out of protection. When Dean had seen her glance to it, he held it in the air for her to see. "I'm not gonna hurt you. I'll put it down, okay?" Leaning towards the table, he had dropped it down. "Rose, drop it now."

Breath heavily, she had panicked at what would come next when they realized what she did. Looking back down at her shaky, bloody hands, she had managed to let the blade fall to the floor as she let it slip out of her hands. There was a relief in the group the moment they had heard it rattle onto the floor.

Swallowing hard, she looked back to Dean. "I-I had to do it. I'm... I'm sorry... I-I think."

Holding his breath for a moment, Dean bad replayed every worst case scenario he could. Letting it out, he had maintained a distance between the two for his own safety and for Rose to feel at ease. "Why are sorry? What did you have to do?"

Rose's eyes fell down to her hands that she held out. No skin had shown through all the blood that had wrapped around her hands and down her arms. "She was going to kill me," she said quietly. "I don't... I couldn't stop myself."