𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

DEAR JACK,
First, you take me to a paradise so rare.
Instantly, I feel in the know—
Vast amounts of emotions come and go.
Eventually, we'll wake up in a nightmare.

JACK AND ROSE HAD TRIED TO COMFORT KAIA IN THE CAR. After a while of failed attempts, Rose had rested her head on Jack's shoulder, listening as he had gave one more shot to speak with Kaia. "Give me five seconds to show you what Derek saw, what I saw with him," he whispered. "It wasn't just the Bad Place. It was everything. It's amazing."

Sitting up from the window, she had curiously looked to Jack. "Five seconds... if she does it too."

Hearing that she was needed, Rose had sat up, ready for what was to come. Smiling to himself, Jack felt that he had what it took to get Kaia on board with all their plans. He looked to Rose, "Do you mind?"

"I trust you," she whispered in confirmation. "And I don't wanna be the only one around here that you're not showing other worlds too."

Jack had inhaled deeply as he adjusted himself to face the girls. With one hand, he had place it right beside Kaia's temple, and his other, he hesitantly reached out for Rose's temple but soon took it upon himself to cup her cheek. Meeting her eyes, he gave her a reassuring smile that she would be safe with him. Releasing his held in breath, his eyes had glowed bright gold as he showed the two the paradises that Derek had shown him.

The five seconds had burned through quickly. Every second of paradise had felt as if they could last for ages, then in an instant— ended.

Breathing heavily, Rose had tuned out Jack's final pitch to Kaia. After seeing a paradise world, the inside of an Impala in the cold rainy night had felt strange. To her, this used to be more than enough. Meeting Jack's eyes, a smile had broken out across her face.

For a moment, she had found herself leaning forward, letting her emotions control her. It hadn't mattered that Sam and Dean had been sitting in the front seat of the Impala, she had wanted to kiss Jack right then and there. But before Jack could begin to notice what had been going on, the Impala had jerked off to the other side of the road. It wouldn't have surprised her if it had been Dean keeping a very close eye on her. However, the angels that they had prepared to come across again-- they had managed to find their way after all.

The Impala had skidded around a corner as Dean had tried to find a way clear of angels. Heading down a path to an abandoned shipyard, he had taken his chances that this was going to be the place best suited to protect them.

Pulling the car to a stop, everyone had piled out, gathering up weapons from the back of the car to get ready to head in. Tossing a duffle bag to his brother, Dean had given clear instructions to head inside while he stayed behind to handle his own.

As the angels had approached, Jack had gripped his head in pain, groaning as the high pitched ringing had burst through his head. There was no time to handle Jack and his pain so Sam began shoving them all towards the ships entrance.