𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

DEAR JACK,
People and monsters are not so different.
All stem from either good or bad.
Some of the time that is apparent.
To me, everything is a mixture of each.

❂

BACK AT MIA'S WORK, SAM AND ROSE HAD BEGUN TO HEAD INSIDE, UNAWARE TO THE SHIFTER THAT HAD WATCHED THEM ARRIVE ON THE SECURITY CAMERAS. Dean had desperately tried to get a stir from Jack as he had still been drowsy from the blow to the head. Now, he had no choice but to put his whole faith into Jack in order to save his brother from the shifter that had them locked up and in line to kill.

As the shifter had focused his gun onto the door, Dean had heard laughter from both Sam and Rose echo from down below. His heart had squeezed in pain as he figured this could very well be the last he'll ever hear from them. "Sam, no!"

Dean's calls had called for the shifter to knock him across the head with the barrel of his gun. Now with Dean out of it, the shifter put on his act once more. Calling out Sam's name in Dean's voice, he had hoped for both to come walking in, unaware to the fate they would stumble across.

Coming to his senses, Jack had felt his anger rise with the man's hand wrapped around Mia's mouth for her silence and his other, holding the gun that would kill two that had cared for him.

The second that the door had cracked open and Sam's head first began to peek from the door, Jack felt his instinct kick in. All that work he had put into moving a pencil had felt impossible, but knowing his friends would die, he knew his powers were immeasurable.

Without even taking a moment to consider, Jack raised his hand out as his eyes shined a bright gold. Sending the same waves of power, he had lifted the shifter off the ground and a flick of his eyes sent the bullet in a different path.

As the bullet had hit the wall beside them, Sam jumped, using his arm to push Rose out of the way in case more had came. And with the other, he was swift in pulling out his gun, shooting the shifter as he started to scramble back to his feet, taking him down for good.

Instead of processing the chaos that had only happened in a matter of seconds, Rose had rushed over to Jack, falling onto her knees before him as his head lobbed to the side. Grabbing the side of his face, she gave him a small pat until his eyes had slowly met hers. "Hey," she breathed out, a smile breaking across her face.

"Hello," he whispered in confusion. "I tried to save you and Sam..."

"You did," she assured. Dropping her hand down from his face, she dug into her pocket in search of a pick to free him from his cuffs. "Remember that whole thing about you being evil? Someone evil wouldn't have done that for us."