𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

DEAR JACK,
Can you believe it?
Almost home.
Now that the ending is approaching,
Death must certainly be on the edge of her seat.
Yet, I'm still unsure who it is she'll be asking for.

❂

THE MOMENT THAT THE SUN HAD BEGAN TO PEEK THROUGH THE TREES, THE GROUP HAD BEGUN THEIR JOURNEY TO HEAD HOME— AND TO MOST, IT WOULD BE THEIR NEW HOME. A bus had been up and running to carry the group and a separate car for Sam and Dean to drive up ahead. Everything had seemed in place and ready to go— except for two people.

Jack and Rose had felt that their time in this universe was not quite done yet. Jack had big plans to handle Michael, and Rose had wanted to be there right beside him for a few reasons. Standing behind Jack, she had zipped up his bag for him as she had glanced over her shoulder. Everyone had been so focused on making sure people were making it into the bus, that no one had paid them close attention.

The moment that Rose had spotted Constance climbing aboard the bus, she had hurried around Jack and gave him a nod. "All right, let's go," she said quietly.

Taking her hand in his, he gave her a reassuring smile when he saw the worry on her face. "It'll be okay."

"I know, but we should go now." She had made sure to smile back at him to show her confidence in heading out. She had known that it would all be okay because this was her chance to escape. In fact, it felt like it was both their chance. Jack could leave Lucifer before he could listen to anymore of his lies and stories. And for Rose, she was desperate to get away from Constance now that Sam had truly started to show her that what she believed was love was wrong.

There was a relief inside her as the two had begun to walk away from the group and start their own journey together. It had felt freeing to finally know that there wasn't going to be a fear of messing up and being the disappointment she believed herself to be. But as Sam Winchester told her, they were family— he would fight for her and never leave her side.

The moment Sam had saw the two with their backpacks on and heading away, he had followed after and called out their names. Rose had kept her head down and tried to keep them walking, but Jack had put each of them to a stop as he turned his way.

Sam's eyes shifted between the two in concern. "Hey, where you two headed?"

"Before we go, there's something we have to do. Something we promised ourselves to do. Kill Michael," Jack admitted. He was confident in himself to accomplish this task he had set for him. As for Rose, she had given a nod in agreement though she felt she had more to gain than just killing Michael if they had left.

"Jack, you can't..." Sam's voice began to stutter as he tried to find the right words to keep them to stay. However, the sound of approaching footsteps had caused him to look over his shoulder and just as he had dreaded, Lucifer was making his way up to them with a smile and a need to be a dad. Rather than begin a fight with him, Sam turned back towards the two and gestured over to the bus. "We need to get these people to the rift. We'll seal Michael up and leave him here."