𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

DEAR JACK,
Losing a fight is only half the battle.
Everything that follows that loss
Takes away pieces of you.
Go ahead and lose that part of you.
Over time, those missing pieces are what makes you, you.

❂

BOBBY HAD MARY HELP KEEP THE CAMP IN CHECK WHEN HE HAD OFTEN LEFT WITH JACK TO SAVE SURVIVORS TO BRING BACK. Camp life had been simple enough to handle but on the other hand, had felt that Mary had often found herself struggling more with her personal life.

When Jack had arrived back home, she made quick work of finding him to find a sense of peace, or at the minimum, some help. She had followed closely behind him as they made their way through the trees, listening to the story of Balthazar's army coming for an attack and how they had stopped it.

Jack had never felt more right with the world as he spoke. This is what he had always wanted-- saving people just as Sam and Dean had. However, he couldn't help but notice the opposite reaction from Mary. "You're not happy? This is the third battle in a row that we've won."

"Jack, I know. I..." her voice had trailed off as she had motioned around her with a defeated sigh. "We're running out of space and supplies. And now with all those new people... I just don't know how we're gonna take care of everybody. I can barely... I can barely take care of Rose." She took in a deep breath. "And Constance, I can't keep her off Rose and now they talk... Are you sure about what happened out there?"

"I know what I saw. She killed her and she didn't seem to mind." Jack's eyes fell to the ground. "I can stay at camp, be a distraction. She'd want to be with me."

Mary reached out and took Jack's hand in hers. She gave a gentle squeeze that allowed for him to look back up towards her. "I know you like her... but this is different now. If we can make her better... Take that woman away from her..."

"Sam and Dean would do the same," Jack reassured. It had felt wrong asking Rose to leave Constance after she had already lost so much family, but everything about this had felt wrong. "We're her family."

Mary dropped his hand. "Jack, if Sam and Dean come... when they come... One of us has to tell them what really happened. We don't know what stories Constance has been putting into her head but everyday, they just seem to get closer. Rose seems annoyed but she's like that with everyone now." Her eyes quickly shifted to the pair of soldiers making their way over towards them and she grabbed Jack by the wrist and gently guided him in a new direction, out of ear shot. "She's hurt people, Jack. They're not accidents anymore. If she sticks to this path..."

"I can talk to her," he stated, not needing to hear much more. He had heard plenty from the stories that had begun to drift around camp. She hadn't been allowed on trips to save people causing her anger to only grow, constantly feeling excluded and pulled further into isolation.