𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

DEAR JACK,
Fighting for us isn't worth the pain.
All they do is look to us in disdain.
I can't fight for myself, but I can for you.
Leaving it to you is all I can do.

❂

THE ARCH ANGEL MICHAEL HAD FOUND HIMSELF IN PARADISE WITH NEWCOMERS. It hadn't been long before he had came across Jack and Rose attempting to free Mary Winchester from his grasp. He hadn't taken kindly to the two and was not too impressed with their arrival. Instantly, Jack had been radiating immense power that would be unmatched to his own. With Rose, he had felt something inside her he was uncertain of.

Michael had felt that the people from the other world were his key to finding a new land to rule over that wasn't at all as drab as the one he had lived in. Making his way around Rose, he flicked her hair over her shoulder.

She had sat tied in a chair, bruised and bloody as she had waited for what more Michael had to offer. He had begun to grow bored with the idea of plain old torture quite quickly. Rose had not been a talker which did not sit right with him.

Looking her over once more, he pressed a finger to her forehead, searching through her brain once more before he had pulled away. With a small sigh, he snapped his fingers and the ropes around her wrists had fallen to the floor.

Picking her up by her arm, he had dragged her alongside him, figuring it was enough for the evening. The other angels had been down his back with constant questions that were soon going to lead them towards bursting before his eyes.

Throwing open a door, he had dropped her off inside the prisoners room before slamming it shut. Both Jack and Mary had sat up in surprise, afraid that Michael had finally grown bored enough to kill her. Before they could check, Rose had lifted her head up.

"He say anything?" Mary questioned hopefully. On the other hand, Jack had fallen down on his knees before Rose and helping her into a sitting position. "Are you okay?"

"I'll be okay," she breathed.

"Michael wants me to open the door. Mary said Michael, he wants to bring his army back to our world. But I won't. He can't make me. I-I don't care how much he hurts me."

"He's not going to hurt you, Jack," Mary whispered. Turning her head towards the two, she gave a weak smile. "He's gonna hurt me. Hurt Rose. Why do you think he brought us all together? So that we would meet, so we would talk. And then when he comes back, if you don't do what he wants, he's going to kill us." Meeting Rose's eyes, Mary furrowed her brows together in curiosity. "What did he ask you?"

"Nothing. Just ask how we got here. I didn't say anything." Looking back and forth between the two, Rose had begun to feel uneasy. There had been more to Michael that they had wanted to fully understand. "He did say..." Pausing, she swallowed hard. "Well, it wasn't to me."