𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

DEAR JACK,
Heartbroken is an understatement.
I would do anything to make you happy.
I'm afraid I can't make you happy from here on out.

SAM WINCHESTER HAD A REGRETFUL SMILE AS HE ENTERED CAMP. The relief of the others had been visible, but he knew it would not last long with what he had brought. He should be dead and now there was no going back. Coming from behind him, Lucifer had felt his smile grow even further as he saw the anger, confusion, and disappointment flood the crowd of people before him.

Mary had chosen to focus on her son, pulling Sam into her arms. "He brought me back," Sam quietly explained.

"It's what I do," Lucifer said smugly, shrugging his shoulders.

Castiel had narrowed his eyes at Lucifer as he stood in front of Jack and Rose. "It it not what you do," he corrected. "How did you get in here?"

"VIP pass. I'm with the band," he chuckled, "Oh, come on! You all should be thanking me! I gave Sammy an extra life. Besides, with my little bro here being a hot mess, I figured you'd need me. So I'm here to join the team."

"You're not apart of the team," Rose spoke as she moved out from behind Castiel. Turning his head for a better view of her, his smug expression had only turned cocky as he had spotted Jack beside her. This was the moment he had waited for and that was to finally meet his son.

"Your name is Jack," he said, pointing over to him.

"And yours is Lucifer," Jack responded.

Rose's eyes had shot over to Jack, "You don't have to speak to him. He's nothing to you."

"Oh my, is that Rose? It is so good to see you, sweetheart!" Lucifer laughed until his eyes made his way down to their hands intertwined, only making his smile even larger, "That's precious. You all ready have a girlfriend! I mean, I wish it wasn't her but I don't dictate who you date. Just keep an eye on her... She's a little, you know..." Raising his eyebrows up at Jack, he twirled his finger next to his temple, implying that she was crazy.

"Don't talk about her like that," Jack warned.

Stepping forward, Dean had wagged his fingers, unamused with the entire interaction. "No, no, no. You don't talk to them, and neither of you talk to him."

Lucifer clasped his hands together, an innocence to his demeanor. He needed to earn trust for Jack to finally see him the way he needed him to. "Don't you think that's Jack's choice?"

"No," Cas said sternly.

"Are you trying to keep me from my son?" Lucifer's hands dropped down to his side in disbelief. " I just want to give him girlfriend advice. Some got crazy in their eyes, you know, some you can't see until they turn black." Looking to the Winchester brother's, he raised his eyebrows up at them as the corners of his mouth twitched, threatening to turn upwards at the sight of their confused expressions and lack of knowledge.

Laughing loudly, Lucifer clapped his hands together, "This is priceless. You really don't know? I could practically taste the power these two are giving off from miles away."

Dean shook his head in disbelief, but he couldn't bring himself to look at Rose. His fear of the truth  had him living in denial. "I don't care. Kill him."

Perking up, Rose had raised a single finger. "I'll do it," she offered up.

Sam shook his head, "He's an archangel."

"Yeah, I can do it." She held up her fingers, ready to snap before Jack had yanked her hand back down to her side. He hadn't gotten the chance to get to know Lucifer and being his son, he wanted to understand if his dad was as evil as everyone said. And if he was, he needed to know what that had meant for him.

"He's the devil! Kill him now!" Dean yelled, "Rose, kill him!"

A frown had taken over Rose's face as she looked between the two of them. She was uncertain which of the two to trust and listen to. Seeing that she had looked lost, Jack placed a hand on her shoulder as he sent a dangerous look towards Dean. "I said stop." In a blink, Jack and Rose had vanished on the spot, leaving all those in frustration— and Lucifer in satisfaction.

The two had ended up somewhere in the forest further away from camp. Jack had dropped his hand down from Rose and trudged off to a nearby tree before slumping down. She was quiet as she made her way towards him and stood before him.

"I didn't know what to do," Jack admitted quietly.

Nodding her head, she could understand. She had always had mixed feelings on Crowley before and soon enough, she had seen the good in him. Except in this case, she knew there was no good in Lucifer. There never was and there never was going to be. "I was going to kill him," she admitted. "Maybe it was good for you to take us away."

Jack slowly brought his eyes up to hers and knew she was telling the truth. Now Rose had rarely seen the consequences of being honest when she had stopped caring so much. "I need to see why everyone hates him. I have to know."

Rose kept her eyes down on him, and he could see clearly that she was disappointed in his decision. "You're not like him if that's what you think. Far from it." She turned her attention away as a small sigh escaped her lips. "You have a choice to be different than him. You can be like your mom."

"You're not the person Constance wants you to be," he said softly. He knew she was hurt by his words when she had stepped away. Standing up, he had followed after her to ensure she understood he was not trying to hurt her. "She's pushing you away from me and Mary. She didn't want you to believe Sam and Dean were coming back, and they did. She was wrong."

"She's my mom," she said quietly.

Jack stopped in his tracks as he watched her continue on. Her words hurt him and she hadn't even realized. "And Lucifers my dad."

Rose had stopped but kept her back to him. He was right and he had the decision to be good. Turning around, she made her way back over to him. "The difference is my mom isn't Satan, she's a person. She has the ability to love, and she loves me. He's incapable of love and he'll use you."

"What if Constance is doing that to you?"

Rose dropped her eyes to the ground. "We should go back to camp. They probably have a lot of questions and I don't think Mary wants to do it on her own." Jack hadn't said a word, but silently agreed as he walked off with her back to camp. Things remained quiet because neither of them wanted to fight over their parents. After everything that has been happening, it felt so useless but neither considered that they needed this moment to bring each other back down to reality. They had a family and they were good to them. After all, family doesn't end in blood.