𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

DEAR JACK,
From here on out, I swear to let in no one.
Everyone that had came in had soon left.
Especially after you, I'm left with nothing again.
Leaving was the best thing you could've done.

❂

AFTER JACK HAD LEFT, NO ONE WAS SURE WHEN OR IF HE WOULD EVER RETURN. Sam and Dean had kept their eye out for anything strange or nephilim related— a lot of it had only felt like hoping. When a call from Jody Mills had given them their first lead on Jack, Sam and Dean had looked to one another as if it were a game to what they would do concerning Rose. However, the moment that Dean had saw Sam begin to open his mouth, he leaned back in his seat with a shake of the head. "Nope. We're not telling her. We should handle this alone."

"If it's him, she'd want to know."

Dean shook his head once more. "Jody said this dude's eyes were burned out. If it's Jack, we got more than enough to worry about than them having stupid, weird, creepy crushes on each other."

Sam had instantly stood up, ready to defy his brothers orders. With a single point, he stared down to Dean. "I'm telling her," he stated before rushing off. All that he had heard behind him was a failed attempt from his older brother trying to rally him back to the conversation.

It hadn't been long for Sam to make it to her room but the moment that he had arrived, he began to grow hesitant. Thoughts had raced through his mind as he considered what the possible outcomes could be if he had told her. His largest fear was that she wouldn't even bother to listen to Sam. After all, she hadn't bothered much on coming out of her room.

Eventually, he had given in and pushed her bedroom door open, knowing that if she had left it a crack, that she was allowing for them in. Peeking his head around the door, he gave her a small smile that soon followed with a wave. Pulling her headphones out of her ears, she sat forward in her bed to allow him in.

Taking a seat on the end of her bed, he had flashed a weak smile that only confused her more. "What's up?" she asked casually.

"So, Jody called with a case. A local artist was found dead with his eyes burned out."

"Sounds angelic," she commented before settling back into her bed. "I'll let you guys know if Cas ever comes around or calls. Just keep me updated on the case. I'll be fine here alone."

His shoulders slacked in response. "Listen, uh, they got a description... Fits Jack."

Her eyes instantly shot up towards him. They had held a lot of emotion, yet her only response had been the slightest shrug of her shoulders. "I really don't think I should come. I don't think he'd want me there anyways."

"And you don't have to if you don't want to. Just wanted to come and let you know before we thought about heading out. Whatever you're feeling... I get it. You're allowed to be upset about this."

And she had been upset. It had been a mixture of anger, frustration and complete and utter heartbreak. "I just think that I wish I never let him in. Sometimes it feels like everyone either leaves or ends up dead. Everyone that I seem to ever care about leaves and I really liked him."

Sam's eyes had fallen down to his lap as he listened to her. "I'm always here for you."

"Everyone besides you," she corrected softly. "Even when I hurt you. Most of the time, I feel like I don't deserve you."

"I'll always forgive you," he claimed through a smile. It was enough for Rose to take it seriously. "You know, sometimes I don't get why either. Maybe that's just what family is."

"Family is allowed to hate each other when they get hurt by blood. Maybe the best way to say it is love... Which apparently now makes me a total cheeseball," she laughed.

The bright moment in the conversation soon dulled down when Dean had made his way into the room and tossed the dufflebag towards Rose. "Get to packin', cheeseball," he stated.

"Dean, she doesn't..."

Immediately, Dean had cut off his brother. "You told her it's Jack, right? Well, I kinda want the heavy hitter on our side. If I'm trusting anyone out there to stop Jack if he's really out there bustin' heads, it's Rose." Turning his attention back to Rose, he looked to her with raised brows. "You good then?"

She was unsure on how to react. If Dean was insisting on her coming with them, it seemed that there really was no choice. It did not help that for Dean, she wanted to prove herself to him. "I'm good. I'll pack then."

Standing up from her bed, she had caught sight of the two brothers exchanged glances with one another. Sam had a look of disappointment while Dean seemed to be pleased that she was ready to follow along.

However, Sam's expression had soon gotten to Dean. What he had called a puppy dog kind of look had caused his guilt to build up. Clearing his throat, he turned to Rose stuffing her bag and let out a deep sigh. "Hey, you don't have to actually come. I'm not trying to force you here."

"I'll be okay," she pipped up as she rummaged through her drawers. "I gotta be a team player here, right?"

"Well, right. But, you know, if this is gonna make you feel more like crap. Or you try and punch him, then maybe staying back is best. Maybe call Cas every hour until he picks up and find out where he ran off too. Hell, stop by Jody's if you want."

Zipping up her bag, Rose threw it over her shoulder and flashed him a smile. "I already called yesterday. Alex already picked up extra shifts, Claire is out working a case, and Jody went to visit Donna. So it's either terrorize Cas, join you guys, or watch Netflix until my eyes fall out. I pick you guys."

Spinning back towards his brother, Dean gave a shrug, showing that he had tried to change her mind and she had clearly refused. "She picks us."

"Who else would I pick?" she chuckled. Motioning for them to leave her room, she soon followed them out the door. With their backs to her now, her smile had dropped once again, preparing herself for a case that could change quite a lot.