Part 02

"It's okay. He can't hurt you now." He says softly. "Let's get you home." 

My vision is blurred and I'm lying down, staring up at the ceiling. Although it's difficult to see, I can tell that I am in my bed and I am in my room. Sitting up and rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I can make out a figure sat at the foot of my bed. 

"Woah!"

I fall off my bed with shock and hit my head on the floor below me.

"Ouch!"

I look up and see the man who stands up quickly. As I blink and look up at him I can see his face. Wow. What a face it is. His eyes are a bright icy blue and his hair is as black as the night sky, creating a perfect contrast. I want to tear my eyes away from the pretty boy but I find myself unable. 

When he speaks, I realise who he is. "Please don't freak out."

It's the man who saved my life

I shuffle away from my bed and my back hits the opposite wall. The man looks down at me and I look straight back up at him.

"Who... who are you? Why are you in my house?" I ask as I begin to shake.

"I'm Phil," He takes a deep breath "I'm your guardian angel."

I stand up, legs like jelly beneath me and feel around on my bedside table which is right next to me, not taking my eyes off the man.

"You're what?"

"I was sent here to protect you. This demon is trying to kill you and I'm here to stop that from happening." He tries to explain.

"You're crazy!" I shout as I grab a cup from the table and launch it at the man. As he lifts his arms to defend himself, I run out of the room and downstairs to try and get to my phone. I have to call someone. The police? Darby? Anyone?

"Stop!" The man yells at me and I hear his feet run downstairs.

"Get out of my house you creep!" I shout back to him as I run into my living room and slam the door behind me.

As I turn around, Phil is stood in the middle of the room, his hands out in front of him as if he's trying to tame a wild animal. "Calm down. I'm not here to hurt you."

"How did you- what- What do you want with me?"

Phil takes a risky step forward and I press my back up against the door, my hand on the handle. He glances at my hand and then looks back at my face.

"Okay. If you want me to leave then I will. Just let me explain to you why I'm here in the first place."

"Why should I listen to you?" My grip on the doorknob tightens.

"Because your life may depend on it."

My grip loosens and I decide that I should just hear him out- then kick him out.

"Okay," I say shakily. 

"You're not gonna throw any more cups at me are you?" Phil asks half seriously. I just look at him sceptically. "We might want to sit down. How about I make coffee?" 

I ponder this for a minute. I have only just woken up after all. And on top of that- I can only remember last night very vaguely. Perhaps that's for the better? Perhaps not.

"Okay." is all I can say.

We walk into the kitchen and I sit down at the breakfast bar as Phil looks for a couple of mugs and turns on the kettle. I watch him as he moves about the kitchen with grace. He's so tall it's as if he's a dancer or some sort of figure skater.