Part 06

I close my eyes and allow myself to be swallowed by sleep.

As I enter the dream realm, I want to feel calm and serene as I always do when I sleep, but tonight I can't stop thinking about the demon and those deep, dark, evil eyes.

I'm in a dark room with nothing but a light bulb hanging from the ceiling. It hums ominously and lets out an ever dimming, sickly yellow glow. The black paint is peeling off the walls revealing a grey cement wall behind it with damp and mold growing up the length. The floor is just cement covered in dust and dirt. I look about for a door, a window, any means of escape but find that there is no such thing.

I turn around and see a tall, dark figure at the other end of the room. I want to run but know it'd be futile. Where would I go?

The figure steps into the light and I see its face. It's Dan. His head is tilted to one side and he looks at me with a plain expression. His eyes are the same, black, terrifying pools of darkness. He is wearing nothing but a pair of black jeans which have been ripped almost to shreds. His twisted and torn bat-like wings are fully visible and are as still as a corpse, just like the rest of him.

"I knew you'd fall asleep again. You always were the napping type." He says in his deep, almost growling voice. When he speaks, it is as if two people are speaking at the same time and it has a strange hum to it.

I step back and gulp as I look at him.

"You can't run, Samantha. Where would you go?"

The demon says the thoughts in my head out loud and I feel myself shiver and go cold all over. I realise that it's because I'm wearing a long, thin, black dress which is flowing behind me as if there's a wind. Now I think about it, there is a wind. It's coming from him as if he's an open window or a strong draft blowing things about.

"What do you want?" I ask with an embarrassingly shaky voice.

"Oh, Sammy. Didn't your little angel friend tell you already?" Dan takes a step forward.

"You want my soul. That I know. But why are you here? Why am I here?" I look around again. "Where is here?"

"I can't go near you in the real world. Not for a while. Phil hurt me, Sam. That night when I almost got you, he hurt me. It burns me to look at you in the waking world. It aches me to think about you. Do you know what that's like? The only thing you want can't even cross your mind without you burning from the inside out?" Dan walks forward still and I gulp, resisting the urge to move back.

"Real world?" I ask.

Dan is close to me now. He looks into my eyes and I find myself unable to move. He leans in and almost touches his lips to my ear and whispers, "You're dreaming."

I can feel his hot breath down the side of my neck and in my ear as he lets out a quiet, menacing giggle. "And here, you're defenceless."

I gulp again and feel myself shake. "What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to make you wish you never have to sleep again." He says with a smirk.

I feel my mouth run dry as I look into his terrifying eyes. He leans forward, his face inches from mine and then he locks his lips with mine. I want to push him away and scream but I can't. His lips are as cold as a dead man and his hands are big and rough as they hold onto my arms.

He parts his lips slightly and I feel something fill my mouth. Water. It tastes metallic like blood and it runs down my throat as Dan continues to kiss me.

He slides his hands up my arms and puts his arms around me, pulling me closer and making me more incapable of moving. More of the metallic water fills my mouth and I start to choke. I'm drowning in his kiss.

He picks up the pace and kisses me rougher and the water feels like a hose is being aimed directly into my mouth. The drops that don't make it down my throat dribble down the side of my mouth and down my chin. I can't breathe. When I inhale, water fills my lungs and I choke even more. I try taking in some air but just take in water.

Dan quickly pulls away and watches in delight as I fall onto the dirty floor and choke on the water. The dust on the floor sticks to my knees and my hands as I lay on all fours. I look up at him, desperate for mercy. The dust in the air dance and distort around him as if he's bending reality. But this isn't reality. This is a dream.

The water dribbled down his face too, black, dirty liquid that looked almost like ink. I choke and cough, the black stuff coming up out my lungs and into a puddle on the floor. Then I take in one, long breath and I open my eyes suddenly.

Phil is standing over me, shaking me awake.

"Samantha! Samantha!" He's saying over and over as he shakes me to life.

I splutter into a coughing fit and take in another long breath.

"It's okay. It's okay." Phil says as he lifts me up and hugs me close to him. I finally stop coughing and start shaking but tell myself not to cry. I've been doing that too much lately.

"Dan was there," I say, trying not to sound like I'm about to burst into tears.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" Phil asks gently.

I look up into his piercing blue eyes, as I examine them, I can see that there is the tiniest thin yellow ring around his pupil. It reminds me of a halo. Very fitting.

"He kissed me..." I say weakly and look away.

Phil looks away too, but he looks... angry? Disappointed? Jealous?

"He kissed you?" He asks, but mainly to himself. "What was it like?"

I gently wiggle out of his arms and hug my knees. "It... felt weird. And when he... he did it... my mouth filled with water and I started to choke on it. It felt like... like I was drowning. But not because of the water, because of him."

Phil hugged his knees too, subconsciously mimicking my actions.

"There's a way I can protect you in your dreams too..." Phil says slowly.

"There is?" I ask, perking up.

Dan's words echo in my head. "Here, you're defenceless."

"Do you know what a Britlingen is?"

"A what?"

---

A/N:
Literally, it's so hard writing three things at the same time and updating every day.
I'm writing;
-This
-A Josh Dun X Reader
-A high school boy drama

Pretty varied me thinks.