Part 22 FINALE

WARNING
Blood. And fighting. But you need to read it if you wanna know what happens. THIS IS THE LAST PART.

This is also a pretty long part so grab a snack, brew some tea and get comfy because this is a long and emotional one.

---

It feels good to be with her again. And I'll never let her go.  

Phil stands in front of me, looking down into my eyes. I'm scared. I don't know how this is gonna work. I don't know how we're going to get Dan here. Not even the blue of Phil's iris can comfort me now.

I ask Phil how it's going to happen and he takes a deep breath before telling me everything step by step.

"We need to go somewhere spacious, but secluded and then I'll summon him. We need to act fast though because summoning only lasts about five minutes." Phil says. 

I remember him saying this before when Chris gave me the seraph. I sit down on the couch and Phil sits next to me as I stare into the distance, beginning to remember the times Phil and I had together. When I first met him, I was terrified. He saved my life and then the next day, he showed up in my home and I got scared.

I introduced him to Darby. I remember feeling so jealous when she acted flirty around him. On the other hand, I remember how relieved I felt when I saw Darby liked him. Almost like when you get a boyfriend and need the best friend approval.

"Do you know anywhere we could do it, Sam?" Phil asks.

I remember when we went to the park on the way home. I remember Phil chasing the squirrel. I remember breathing in the cold autumn air.

"I do..." I say. "The woods. At the park."

Phil remembers and thinks for a moment. "That sounds like a good spot." He says. "Then when we have him, you need to stab him in the chest. I'll try and hold him still."

"It's that easy?" I ask, wondering why we didn't just do this earlier. Then again,  I suppose the seraph took a while to fashion.

"It's not going to be easy." Phil tells me with regret. "Dan's strong. And dangerous. He could kill you but he can't kill me. So I'll do everything I can to protect you."

I feel nervous and I take a shaky breath. "Okay. I'm ready. Should we go now?"

"Yeah. Don't forget the knife."

---

The park is eerily silent, as if everyone knew we'd be here. Not even the neighbourhood druggies or high school kids are out causing mischief like usual. The sky overhangs above us, the stars hidden by the thick rain clouds that loom over our heads.

"I hope it doesn't rain..." I say quietly as we begin to walk down the path in between the trees. I remember this place.

Phil looks up into the sky and then down at his feet as he walks.

"Me too..." He sighs.

The seraph is in the belt loops of my jeans, covered up by my blue sweater.

We walk in silence up to the woods and then take a deep breath as we make our way inside. It's darker in here and the trees rustle in the wind ominously as we walk.

We walk for about ten minutes before we come across a small clearing, secluded from the rest of the woods. It's not big, but it's big enough.

"Listen..." Phil says. "I feel like we should say goodbye... you know... before we do this..."