Part 07

"Do you know what a Britlingen is?"

"A what?"

A Britlingen, as it turns out, is a sort of warrior warlock from another dimension. This particular Britlingen was Phil's friend. How? I have no idea.

He was a little shorter than Phil and he had short, curly brown hair and bright green eyes. He had a pretty face but didn't seem to be any stronger than Phil or I.

When Phil "summoned" him, I wasn't allowed to be there. He went out into my back garden and I waited patiently in the kitchen. When he returned, he brought his friend (PJ is his name) along with him.

"Greetings!" He says fairly happily as he shakes my hand. His grip isn't very strong but his hands are firm.

"Samantha, this is PJ, the Britlingen, PJ, this is my girl." Phil introduces as I shake PJ's hand. I blush as I hear him say 'my girl' even though I know it means that I'm his human.

"Nice to meet you PJ," I say shyly. I don't know how to act. I've never met someone from another dimension before. But he looks normal. I'm confused.

"I know, I don't look any different than a regular person. But I can promise you, I'm not a regular person." PJ promises. "This isn't my real body of course."

"How are you gonna prove it? Do you have wings like Phil?" I ask, half-jokingly.

Both the boys give an amused chuckle. "No. Phil's an angel. I'm a Britlingen. I don't have wings. But I do have abilities."

"That's right. Peej is really really strong. And he can help me protect you when you go to sleep." Phil says proudly.

I'm suddenly nervous. "How exactly?"

"Well. It does take a bit of energy...but... it's definitely worth it if it means my friend will be happy." PJ starts but quickly realizes he hasn't answered my question. "I um... I can give you a charm. As long as you're both wearing it or have it near you, you both share the same dreams."

I feel my mouth run dry. "Sharing dreams? That seems kinda personal..."

"We don't have to if you don't want to but remember, If we don't, I won't be able to look after you when you sleep," Phil explains.

The room goes quiet for a minute and I can feel the air thicken with thought.

"We could try it and if it doesn't work out, just burn the charms," PJ suggested with a shrug. Burn the charms? Why?

There's another pause.

"Okay..." I finally say.

PJ smiles and takes off his backpack. It has a galaxy pattern on it. Very modern. Like something you'd see a normal person use. He opens it up and pulls out two, small, brown leather pouches tied shut with dirt coloured string. PJ holds one up and puts it on the breakfast bar, then opens the other. He pulls out a chain- a necklace. It is long and silver and hanging from it is a blue gemstone. It's beautiful.

"Here." He says as he hands me the other pouch and gives the one he's holding along with the necklace to Phil. I open it to find an identical necklace inside.

"Okay, I need you two to lay down next to each other somewhere," PJ says

I walk into the living room and the boys follow. PJ walks in and with unfathomable strength, easily pushes the couches and coffee table up against the wall, leaving the entire room free. Phil and I walk into the room and lay down on the floor side by side.

PJ takes out a pair of wooden bowls, a bottle of murky water and a beautiful ivory box.

"Okay before we start, I should tell you that you need to stay completely still and not say a word. It's very important."

I shiver and nod. Phil does the same. He seems nervous too.

PJ pours most of the murky brown liquid into the two wooden bowls. He then holds up the little ivory box and closes his eyes, whispering something to himself. He opens it and pulls out the most breathtaking flower I have ever seen. It's some sort of orchid or lily. The petals are pearly white and the centre glows golden.

He takes the petals off while whispering something and sprinkles all but two petals into the bowls. He approaches us and tells us to open our mouths. We do as we are told and he places a petal into each of our mouths. We hold it in our teeth and close our eyes as he puts the stem into my hand and connects it with Phils. He places a bowl next to me and puts my hand in it, along with the charm and he does the same to Phil.

"Al fente grose munk, demn ulsan welk poul het dest jumb parls darp. Furlmao gret gahae oipel bure uhn parn darg frez. Lin thane sarta bulpon onasid." PJ chanted these sentences over and over while putting one hand on my stomach and one hand on Phil's.

I felt a tingle fill my body. It started at my fingertips and it slowly ran like water up my arms and into my chest. The tingles filled my body and when it reached my head, I could feel Phil's mind. It's hard to explain but it's like when you're talking to someone and you can hear their voice, only I couldn't hear Phil's mind, only feel it.

PJ stood up and said, "Ansk yarden almest nablem cadnetfel fretmal!"

Then I felt all the tingles leave my body and they were drawn into the charm.

Phil and I slowly opened our eyes and sat up. PJ appeared to be worn out. He was breathless and had sweat on his forehead and he appeared to be struggling to keep his eyes open. But he was smiling.

"It was a success!" He said through breaths. "Just wear the necklaces when you sleep and you'll share each other's dream."

I took the necklace out of the water. The stone was glowing now.

I put it around my neck and held the charm in my hands, feeling the energy resonate through my fingertips.

"Thank you," I said to PJ. But he was already gone.

---

A/N:
Okay, this part was a bit of a mess I'm sorry.