Part 16

"You don't know her like we do. Believe me, a night out will make her forget everything." Max says. "Trust me."  

And so here we are. About to go to a freaking nightclub.

When we got home from Darby's and told her about the collapse, she was devastated as anyone would be. It was then that Max suggested to her that we all go out together. She agreed of course.

Max, Phil, Darby and I are all sat in my living room. 

"I have an idea," Max says suddenly.

"Uh oh," I respond cheekily with a laugh. Max winks at me.

"How about Phinneas comes to my house and I pick out something for him to wear and make him look all dapper and sh*t, and then Darby gives Sam a makeover or whatever you girls do to each other."

We don't even bother to correct Max in calling Phil by the wrong name anymore.

"That's a horrible idea!" I say.

"That's a great idea!" Darby exclaims at the same time.

We look at each other.

"What do you say, Bill?" Max asks, looking over at the man.

Phil looks over at us. He ponders for a moment before coming up with an answer. "I don't see why we shouldn't. You two could have some girly talk time and Max and I could have a... bro... talk?" 

"Something like that," Max responds.

Darby looks at me with a hopeful look in her eyes. I just can't deny her, even if I wanted to.

I sigh deeply. "Okay fine."

Darby smiles brightly.

"How long will you girls need?" Max asks as he stands up. Phil stands up too.

"As long as you can give us," Darby says with a smirk.

"Oh brother," I say, giving Phil a helpless look. He shrugs and gives me a half smile.

"Okay, we'll be here at eight," Max says. "Come on Pharrell,"

The men both leave and Darby and I are alone. I slowly turn towards Darby and see her smiling brightly.

"Do you have to do this?" I ask desperately. I hope she just lets me wear my own clothes and do my own makeup. The boys probably won't be able to tell the difference anyway.

"I do. But I'll do my own first if you like so you have at least a little time to emotionally prepare yourself?" Darby laughs as she stands up and we both start to walk upstairs where her things are. I deeply regret the fact that Max saved Darby's entire makeup collection from the diner.

"Okay. Okay."

Darby and I walk into the guest room where she is staying and we both sit down on the neatly made double bed. She gets her makeup box out from the drawer in the bedside table and plops it in front of her.

She pulls out a mirror and props it up so that she can do her own makeup. With skill and precision, she does her makeup flawlessly.

"What do you think?" She asks as she turns to face me and I can see the finished product. She has white eyeshadow that blends flawlessly into a nude colour. She has perfect, thin, even winged eyeliner and her lips are cherry red. Typical Marilyn Monroe style look. She is gorgeous.

"You look amazing Darby!" I say in awe. She gives me a smile, showing her perfect pearly whites.

"Do me a favour sugar and grab my white backless dress? The one with the pearls on the bottom?" She asks. I get up and walk over to the wardrobe. I pull out a beautiful white dress with no back on it. The bottom of it is a skirt that flows and is lined with pearls along the rim. I hand it to her and she quickly undresses. She doesn't bother covering herself up in front of me. 

She pulls on the dress and pushes out the creases. She does a twirl in front of the mirror and runs her fingers through her hair. She doesn't need to do anything with her hair, it's flawless.

"You turn." She says, turning to me.

I hesitantly sit back down on the bed and Darby tells me to tie my hair back out of my face so I put it in a messy bun on the top of my head.

Using a wet wipe, Darby quickly washes my face before she begins.

She's very gentle and asks me if I'm okay or if she's being too rough. I tell her she's doing fine. When she's finished, I try to look at myself in the mirror put she quickly puts the mirror face down so I can't see.

"Not yet you cheeky sausage. I gotta pick you a dress." She smirks.

I roll my eyes. "And I'm guessing I don't have any say in what I have to wear?" I ask.

Darby ignores me and walks over to the wardrobe. She opens it up and goes through some items of clothing. She then stops and looks over at me, then back at the wardrobe.

"Here." She says as she tosses me a dress.

I catch it and hold it up in front of me.

"Do I have to?" I whine. Darby nods.

I take off my clothes and face away from Darby to hide my chest as I take off my bra (The dress is off the shoulder and I don't wanna be showing the world my bra straps) and I pull the dress on.

Darby tosses me a pair of back lacey heels and I step into them.

"Can I look now?" I ask.

Darby walks over to the bed and picks up the mirror and faces it towards me.

I stifle a gasp as I see my reflection.

My makeup is amazing. I have a nude-brown smokey eye effect on my eyelids and my eyelashes seemingly go on forever. My eyebrows have been shaped to perfection and my lips are a nude pink matte. The dress I'm wearing is slim fit and the straps are off the shoulder. I hate to admit it but I feel... amazing. I feel flawless.

"I didn't realise you were so good at doing other peoples makeup Darby!" I say in shock. "I look..."

"Stunning." Darby smiles.

I smile back at her. "Not as stunning as you."

"It's almost eight, the boys should be back any min-"

Before Darby could even finish her sentence, we hear the boys walk through the door. "You ready?" Max yells up the stairs. Darby goes before me and almost runs down the stairs, her dress flowing behind. 

I take a deep breath and begin to walk down the stairs. As I walk, Phil and I catch sight of each other and we make eye contact for a moment.

He is wearing a white shirt and black jeans with a jacket and Adidas trainers. He looks great.

It's as if the world is going in slow motion as Phil and I stare at each other in awe and I walk down the stairs.

I get to the bottom and Phil and I blush as we look away from each other.

"We ready?" Max asks as he stuffs his hands into the pockets of his torn jeans.

"Yep. Come on let's go!" Darby says excitedly as she grabs my hand and leads us put of the house. This night is gonna be interesting.