Part 05

I stop suddenly in the centre when I hear a loud horn. I turn my head just in time to see a truck- and then I'm knocked down.

I lay there, all the air knocked out of me. I struggle to breathe as I look up into the eyes of Phil who landed on top of me after knocking me out of the of the oncoming truck. Phil looks down at me with wide eyes and I'm filled with shock as my hands begin to shake.

"Are you OK?" Phil asks hoarsely.

I nod shakily in response and Phil stands up, holding a hand out to help me up. I gulp and take his hand and I'm lifted up. I stand there, head dizzy and heart racing. A couple walking their dog stare at us in shock and the family on the park are gawking in our direction. I can't blame them- it's not every day you see someone narrowly miss death.

"You saved my life," I say flatly as I look at Phil.

He takes my hand. "It's okay. Let's go home."

I nod again, still shaking slightly and we make out journey home once more.

The house is cold yet again, but I'm not going to go back into the boiler room. Partly because of how messy it is, partly because of the Dan thing and party because I feel emotionally drained. 

I simply stand in my open doorway and Phil walks in as if he lives here. I'm not mad though. I find myself incapable of being mad towards him.

He turns to look at me and offers me a smile. "You're pretty lucky Samantha." He says as he kicks off his shoes. 

I burst into tears.

I don't know why. I'm confused but that's no reason to cry. Maybe I was crying because I nearly just died. For the second time. 

Phil stands up quickly and walks over to me, reaching behind me and closing the door. "Please don't cry..." He begs softly as he puts his warm arms around me and holds me close in a warm, comforting hug. My arms hang limply at my sides as I sob into Phil's shirt. "Are you tired? I know we've not long had breakfast but you didn't sleep much last night since you went to bed pretty late."

"Yeah..." I whimper pathetically, my voice shaky. It has that sort of hiccup sound you get when you cry for a long time and I instantly feel embarrassed.

"How about you have a nap? I'll go turn the boiler on to make the house nice and toasty and we can watch something on telly." Phil offers.

I nod my head and Phil's hug loosens as he turns to walk towards the boiler room. I kick my shoes off and they land wherever as I walk sadly and slowly into the living room, dragging my feet on the soft white carpet behind me.

I slump on the sofa and wipe my eyes, holding back the tears. I was now just sobbing and hiccuping in that I-just-finished-crying kind of way.

Phil walked in with a handful of tissue on one hand and a couple packets of sweets in the other. He sit's down next to me and hands the tissue and a pack of jellybeans. "I found these in a cupboard in the kitchen. It's okay if we eat them right?" 

"I'm not hungry thanks," I say as I gently push Phil's hand with the sweets away and I take the tissue. I wipe my eyes and my nose and Phil looks at me with an unreadable expression.

"Will you be okay with napping on the couch or do you want to go to bed-"

"Phil I'm fine," I say, sounding slightly angry but feeling instantly guilty. "Did you turn the heating on?"

"It wasn't working, sorry."

I smile weakly up at the man and he scoots up the couch and lifts his feet up as he turns the TV on with the remote. I look at his odd socks with a cocked eyebrow and then lie down. Phil lays on the sofa with both his feet on it and his legs bent. I lay behind his legs and curl up into a little ball like a cat. I don't know what time I went to sleep last night but the more I think about it, the more tired I feel and so I close my eyes and allow myself to be swallowed by sleep.

---

A/N:
Lol sorry if this part is a bit shorter than the last ones. I usually try to make them around 1000+ words but the shortest I'll write is 500 so they won't be too short but still. Anyway, I'm tryna update all my storied every day so wish me luck.

Also, new cover. Yes. I like this one better.

MADE BY ME USING CANVA.COM