Chapter 2

After half an hour, the taxi dropped you before Park Hyatt, your boarding for the next three weeks of craziness, and you stood towered by one of Sydney's most luxurious hotels. Kate said there was a photo shoot with all the guests at the poolside today and she had repeatedly warned you to be there on time. "I'm telling you Y/F/N, I'm already mad that Jungkook isn't going to be there for the photo shoot, if you don't turn up as well, I swear to God I won't let Mia get married. You absolutely cannot miss this."

Feeling glad that you had actually managed to reach on time you made your way into the hotel, quickly spotting the directory in the lobby giving you your directions to the private pool deck on the 15th floor. Hauling all your luggage into the lift, you set off to see the people you last saw 6 years ago.

You were excited no doubt but you were worried as well. You weren't the same Y/n they saw in high school. You had grown out of that timid shell you had built around yourself. You were more outgoing now, more open, less afraid and less nervous. It was easier for you to make conversations these days, your dressing sense had finally adopted your parents rich heritage, your personality had changed to a very large extent. Because you had learnt a lot of lessons the past few years. Some that were taught by life and some by death.

When the lift gave a soft ding and opened, you found yourself facing a pair of sliding glass doors, the only thing separating you from the party. People were spaced everywhere, men and women all of the same age as you, dressed in extravagant evening wear, making conversations, reliving memories. Waiters were bringing food and drinks around but you noticed none of it seemed like alcohol. You silently praised Jin in your head for being so level headed and keeping drinks out of today's event so everyone could look decent in the pictures. You knew otherwise that for the presumably elite group of the society that you all belonged to, booze was as common as water. You wouldn't even have been shocked if the filled the pool with alcohol instead.

Everyone of them here had the money to afford that. One could look at all the Gucci and Prada being worn so casually and tell that much. After all, some of Seoul's biggest businessmen's children were here, children who were training to take over the large empires written to them since their birth. Children who could spend not only spend their fortune but time also lavishly. Mia and Kate kept complaining that everyone but you had arrived over a week ago, but you couldn't help it. Getting a leave from your job was so tough and thank god for Christmas holidays and the ability to do teleworking, you were finally able to manage three weeks for your much required get away.

You searched around for Namjoon or Jimin because you knew they were the only ones actively taking part in the arrangements from all that Kate had filled you with over the past one week. A soft tap on your shoulder caused you to turn and you found yourself facing Mia's personal butler Charlie, who you became quite familiar with over the years.

"Ah Ms.Y/n. welcome, welcome. Mia will be glad to see you here."

"Hi there Charlie! How are you?" you smiled widely at the middle aged man dressed in his regular black and white suit who simply showed you a thumbs up. " I'm looking for Namjoon or Jimin. Do you know where they are?"

"They should be by the photo booths. Would you like me to lead you to them?"

"Oh no I don't want to step into the party before I change into something more appropriate." you looked down at your black formal pant and green halter top which you had worn to the meeting right before you left to catch the flight. "I don't know where my room is though so I'm looking for them."

"Ah no worries. I can assist you with that. I shall get your luggage shifted there and get you the keys in a minute yeah? " He bowed to you out of habit and left, leaving you standing before the glass doors, silently watching the guests. It surprised you that these were the same people who used to sit in a classroom with you a few years ago, dressed in uniforms with attitude sitting on their nose. Everyone looked so much more mature and settled now.