Chapter 12

Hoseok stared at the picture before him, and gulped a little before nodding. "Yes, yes I know her."

You looked at the up side down picture of the woman the police officer was holding out before you. You had definitely seen her before too, but where?

"Where were you yesterday afternoon Mr.Jung?" The officer stared hard at the man standing a little far away from you, but not far enough for you to not see his hesitation before answering.

"I was out...um...I went for a drive to the beach."

"At what time did you leave the hotel? And when did you come back?"

"Officer." Namjoon stepped up, raising the questions everyone present there had. "What is this about? You've been-"

"Mr. Kim, please, allow me to do my job and -"

"I'm not asking you to not ask questions but for God's sake at least tell us why you are doing all this."

"The woman in this picture." The officer held it up for you all to see.

Her.

You knew her. You had seen her here before. She was the call girl who came to the hotel that night...for Hoseok. You looked at him to see him looking down. What had he done?

"This woman has been missing." The officer continued. "A complaint has been filed to look for her and that's why we are here."

"What has Hoseok got to do with all this?" Namjoon frowned. "Hobi, who is she?"

Hoseok swallowed silently taking a deep breath. "She's...she's a-"

"A call girl." Emma interrupted. He was taking far too long. Why was he taking so long? "She came over to the hotel a couple of days ago. Us girls, we all saw her."

The women next to you nod as all of you recollect the barely dressed woman who had appeared asking for Hoseok by the poolside on the day of the photoshoot.

"But what has Hoseok gotten to do with her being missing?"

"He was her last customer." The officer clarified. "She hadn't returned to the agency since the night she had left for Mr. Jung. Yesterday afternoon, the agency got a ransom video call for her but the culprits face could not be seen. The agency also claims that she knows nobody in the city and nobody knows her, so the one who did must be one of their clients. Since Mr. Jung was their last client we have come to question him as he is a suspect."

"That's ridiculous." Jin stepped up. "You cannot merely arrest someone without enough evidence. There is no evidence that Hoseok did anything-"

"Yet Mr.Kim. There is no evidence yet. That's why Mr. Jung is still a suspect not the culprit and the reason why I haven't arrested him yet." The officer turned back to Hoseok. "So Mr. Jung, where were you yesterday afternoon?."

"I told you, I went out on a drive to the beach."

"At what time?"

"I don't remember exactly, I think around 12."

"I need answers that have certainty Mr. Jung. Please try to give me accurate answers. Now, did anyone accompany you? Is there someone who can confirm your presence at the beach?"

"No...I didn't go with anyone."

"Anyone who saw you there who can confirm your alibi?"

"....I don't think so." Hoseok shook his head slowly.