Chapter 3

You pushed the doors of your suite room and were greeted by elegance.

The interiors reflected a natural feel with rich layers of chocolate, cream and beige hues. The luxurious furnishings & fittings, naturally-textured fabrics, subtle plush carpets were all highlighted by the designer lighting shining throughout. It was all very pretty and fancy yes but this sort of setting was ordinary for someone like you who was used to this sort of lifestyle. Maybe that was why what caught your eye was the beautiful painting of the cliffs and the sea, sitting above your bed, it's simplicity standing out in the otherwise luxurious room.

The floor was clad in marble and handcrafted tiles leading to the king-sized bed. There was a desk next to it which you personally requested for so you could do your office work, and a small dismantle-able kitchen counter as well because you weren't someone who could survive on outside food for more than a few days. You dropped your bag in front of the thirty-six-inch TV, on the sprawling leather sofa, looking intently at you own private terrace. Walking to the balcony you looked down to see Mia's photo shoot party going on right down there about 5 floors below you.

It wasn't so clearly visible from the lift where you were standing but now you could see the bright blue pool shaped like a lazy L with the DJ station on one side and the photo booth with at least half a dozen professional photographers flashing away on the other. You narrowed your vision and smiled when you saw Mia holding her long pink dress running around chasing someone but it faltered when you realized it was the same manner-less man who had tried to kiss you earlier. You watched as Namjoon, Jimin, Jin and Emma laughed, literally throwing their bodies around at this man's silly antics. He seemed so different now, genuinely laughing and finally walking up to Mia allowing her catch him, but she simply pulled his ear smiling. They seemed to share a very close relation, vaguely reminding you of the time Mia talking about her childhood best friend who was the heir of one of the worlds biggest companies, the Jung and sons. Was this the same guy?

You leaned resting your elbows on the railing, with a hand under your cheek, intently observing them. After he walked away from you like back there, you were prepared to treat him the next few days with absolute ignorance. You were sure he was an absolutely cocky asshole proud of his rich heritage obviously assuming he could get any girl he wanted. You were determined to prove him wrong. But it surprised you to see him dressed in such a simple white shirt, sleeves folded till his elbows, his back tie not even in place, as though he wasn't bothered about keeping up the image of an elite. Everyone else around him was decked in brands, Valentino, Armani, Ralph and Russo and designers even more expensive, making his simplicity the most obvious thing there. You couldn't help but draw him parallel to the simple bright colored painting in your otherwise opulent room.

As he broke out from the crowd and excused himself, you jolted to your senses realizing the urgency of time and scrambled around your room. You had come so prepared for a long bath but you settled for a quick shower and hurriedly blow dried your hair. Rummaging through your humongous luggage meant for three weeks of parties you finally settled for a Navy blue Elie Saab gown. It was a pretty dress, one that you were particularly fond of because you bought it off your first salary. Slipping into the dress you felt its decorated lace sleeves extended a little longer than your elbows, it's soft frills falling a little further than your ankles and you reached for the zip at the back trying to pull it up unsuccessfully, when you heard a knock on the door.

You walked up to it, peering into the eye hole, still struggling with your dress and suddenly panicked. It was black, as though someone placed a finger on it. You gulped, taking a few steps back. After that Hoseok and his stupid phone call in the morning and then that man who tried to kiss you, you were certain things were not normal around here and you didn't want to take any risks.