Chapter 9

The whole of that day was as uneventful as it could get, but insightful.

You told Jungkook that the drinks the previous night had messed with your head and that you wanted to sleep while all you really did was sit by your balcony and think. Jungkook knew you well enough to understand that something had happened and that you were avoiding someone but he didn't press things further. He would definitely ask you later though and you had keep answers ready for him. But what were you supposed to tell him when you had no answers yourself? What were you supposed to tell him when everything you were doing was exactly what you didn't want to do? What were you supposed to tell him when Jung Hoseok had had left you so confused?

No matter how much you tried, you couldn't get that kiss out of your head. The way he was looking at you, the desperation with which his hands traced you, the things he was telling you. All of them were playing over and over again like some broken recorder. It was one thing to remember it with regret, and another, to remember it wanting more. You were ashamed at yourself for being the second.

There is no point, you kept reminding yourself, no point in wanting Jung Hoseok so much. A man who could never want you back like that. Yes he said it. He said he wanted you. But you only realized what it truly meant when you went down for dinner that night.

Having skipped both breakfast and lunch to avoid Jungkook, you were starving and the idea of dinner was obviously incredibly appealing. Knowing Jungkook was an early dinner person you waited till the clock struck 10, the time just before the buffet downstairs closed, to go fill your dying stomach. Putting on a jacket, you covered your head with the hood, trying to look as discrete as possible. Though it wouldn't hide you from Jungkook you knew at least Hoseok wouldn't be able to recognize you and for now that was enough. Sitting down with a full plate at the corner most seat, you looked out at the driveway of the hotel, watching the cars zoom in and out only to be reminded of the race and how it led to bringing out your fear and the things that commenced from there.

You were maybe halfway done when your disguise was blown to the people you were least expecting that night. Three women who were definitely your classmates and who seemed to have just arrived to the hotel, approached you at your table in the most excited way possible, hauling their luggage along behind them. You vaguely recognized their faces but didn't remember their names which made you feel bad, but you didn't want to be obvious about it either so you greeted them back equally excited. You did remember one incident though, when the school staff had caught them sleeping drunk in the classroom. You didn't remember what the whole story was but it was quite funny, nearly making you laugh as you were reminded of it. Nearly.

"Y/N! Omg how are you?!" the tallest of them all bent wrapping you in a clumsy hug as you sat still on that very seat.

"Hey guys" you smiled at their beaming faces "I'm good. How are you all?"

"The right words would be - 'done with life.'" the shorter one sat in front of you sighing in relief. "I'm so glad for Jin's wedding. I really needed a break."

You nodded agreeing to that because that was exactly why you were here."Yeah, you guys are the last ones to reach I heard."

"That's what we thought too" the smallest of them all leaned against her luggage "But Yoongi still hasn't arrived as far as I heard."

"He probably is waiting till everyone arrives so he can make a noticeable entrance. Has always been so, that man, loves it when drama revolves around him." the taller one scoffed sitting next you.

"Who, Yoongi?" You asked surprised. As far as you knew Yoongi, and you knew him pretty well, he had always been the quiet guy, demanding the least attention, always preferring to be silent and alone unless he was required. Making a noticeable entrance was not something you would have ever associated with him.