Chapter 5

As much as you enjoyed the party, you were glad to be away from all that noise. Over the years you had habituated yourself to such social gatherings but it still made you uncomfortable after a while. You stripped out of your dress and sat in the bath tub letting the warm water wash over you. The lavender's smell from the bath bomb over took the smell of the air freshener in your room as you slid further in the water, closing your eyes letting your head rest back.

It was nearly half past 10 and sleep was so foreign to you. Sydney. Your once favorite city. The place you lived the first many years of your life till you escaped this hell to Seoul to live with your grandmother. The city was still fine but that house, that house in which you lived nearly like a prisoner only ever going out when your parents needed to show off their obedient daughter to their large social circles, you couldn't bear to go back to that jail again. Mia knew you had a house here and even asked if you wanted to stay there which you flat out refused. Only Jungkook and Kate knew about your hatred for that place. You would have sold it if only you had the courage to go there and do all the formalities. Despite how much more braver you had become the last 6 years, this was a fear you could never conquer. Once Jungkook comes tomorrow you made up your mind to talk to him so he could over see the selling.

About 15 minutes later before your whole body became a prune you got out of the bathroom and covered yourself in a silky nightgown. As you put it on you couldn't help but remember Hoseok asking you to find him if you didn't get sleep. It was only now that you realised how stupid you were to even let yourself be flustered by that. All talk. That's what he was. A man who would talk to get things done for him, a man for whom a relationship was confined to a bed, a man you should stay away from. You didn't find his lifestyle triggering you in any way, neither did you find it displeasing. It just wasn't your cup of tea and you were going to make it clear to him first thing you saw him next that as much as you respected his choices, you wanted him to keep his distance from you and respect your boundaries. Having flirty conversations was one thing and letting it affect you was another. You always had a weirdly soft spot for Hoseok, your childhood crush, and you couldn't let that mingle with the way he was talking to you into thinking he meant something more. Today's incidents made you understand one thing clearly. One could only ever get into Hoseok's bed not into his head.

Standing by the balcony you looked down at the pool, the still light blue water inviting you. You gave into it, anyway not getting any sleep as you grabbed your room card, your laptop and your drawing book, walking out into the lift and went 5 stories down. If only you hadn't taken a bath, it would have been nice to take a late night swim in the cold waters. You walked to the pool, carefully gripping the things in your hand and ran your foot lightly against the still surface, creating ripples, enjoying the sensation. It was funny how one touch could disturb the entire surface of water. People were like that too. People could affect you in ways you can never imagine.

You sat by the poolside on the table looking at the sky as you opened your laptop. Countless stars are always better than city lights - If only you could see them. Checking your mail, you cursed your boss for the extra work he dumped on you during vacation. The new building designs had to be changed again, after all that was the never ending work of an architect. You flipped open your drawing book in irritation nearly knocking over the vase of forget-me-not flowers on the table, revealing an object that it was placed among the flowers..

A wallet.

Reaching for it, you pulled it towards yourself when something else that seemed almost silvery fell out of it. A square foil packet that was nothing you hadn't seen before, yet made you flushed a little bit. The sound of the trashcan tumbling caused you to turn suddenly to see about 100 meters away from you, Hoseok who had just gotten off the lift walked right into the dustbin in his urgency. Why was he out so late at night? Could this...? You quickly opened the wallet and the first thing your eyes fell on was the driving license and the name Jung Hoseok.