Chapter 10

The next day you hit the empty gym the first thing in the morning. Over the years, the gymming became an activity that had less to do with fitness and more of a past time activity. After lying around in your room the whole day yesterday, you were a lot more active today and itching to step out of your room. Wearing a sports bra and spandex, you grabbed your bottle and set out to immerse yourself in a sea of machines to kill you time

After about an hour when you finished your daily routine, you dragged yourself to the treadmill to run for a few minutes so you could watch the sun rise from the large glass windows before you. The coast of the sea was clearly visible from where you were standing, at one of the highest floors of the hotel, but rather than seeing what you were there for, with the help of the dull light of the sun, you saw a familiar faint reflection in the glass. Squinting your eyes at it you observed the figure casually leaning against the gym door just silently watching you. It was a familiar figure but not one you had seen in about a year now. A small smile spread on your face as soon as you realized who it was but you didn't react waiting for him to approach you. Continuing to run, you jammed to your music, eyes still fixed on the unmoving silhouette. Unable to take it anymore you stopped the treadmill and looked at him over your shoulder, leaning against the machine, slightly out of breath.

"Really Yoongi? How long did you intend to stand there?"

Min Yoongi gave his familiar gummy smile, walking towards you.

"Till I realized how much I actually missed you."

You smiled at him, getting off the treadmill to make your way towards him "Not more than me I'm sure."

"Oh definitely more than you." He reached out to hug you, but you stuck your hand out on his chest.

"Hold on, lover boy. I'm sweating."

Yoongi scrunched his nose displeased. " Bad timing huh? Since when did you start hitting the gym anyway?"

"Since I started getting bored in Oakland." You admitted. When you were in college a lot of time used to fly just by spending it with all of your friends. But then college got over and job happened and all of you spread out across the globe. Jungkook lived with you but he had his own odd timings to go to work so you rarely made plans together. At the most you went out for dinner or watched a late night movie crashed in the couch. So rather than wasting your time alone you began casually hitting the gym, learning to play billiards and things of that sort.

"You are lucky you have the time to get bored" Yoongi sighed. "Work pressure is building on me day by day. The whole company was thrown on my shoulders over night after all."

You nodded your head understandingly. Yoongi had a huge empire to handle. Being the only child made things easier for him and worse. Having no siblings meant he did not need to fight for sharing the property of his family with anyone but it also meant he had to carry its burden alone.

"At least despite all that, you are finally here." you smiled at him warmly. "Did you meet everyone already?"

He shook his head. "You are my lucky first. I was looking for Hobi actually. I asked Charlie and the hotel staff but apparently no one has seen him since day before yesterday night." You swallowed at his words. You had. At the lift. For those few seconds at least. It was only now that you felt relief for seeing him. You were glad that he was okay. But was he really alright? He didn't seem like it.

"So you should go meet Jin and Mia first. It's them you are here for after all." You pulled yourself from your thoughts and turned your attention to Yoongi who looked uncertain. "It's 6 in the morning Y/n, I doubt anyone is awake. It's by chance that you are."