Chapter 11

Mia tensed as Jin spoke excitedly on the phone. Yoongi was here. The one person she had been dreading. Her one mistake was here.

She could only pray that Yoongi had the sense to keep his mouth shut. His one confession could ruin everything. But even if he didn't say anything, how long could she herself go without the guilt eating her alive every time she saw Jin? She would have to tell him sometime, one way or another, before this wedding took place because she didn't want any lies to embedded in the foundation of their marriage. After all, not telling the truth was no less than lying.

Jin walked to her, hugging her from behind, jerking her out of her thoughts. "Where are you lost, soon-to-be-Mrs.Seokjin?"

"Nowhere. I'm just praying things happen as planned. It would have been much easier if it was just a wedding. The whole reunion thing is worrying me"

"And why should it Mia? The whole point of this arrangement was to make things more joyful for all of us."

"I know Jin." She unwrapped his arms from around her and walked ahead, rubbing her hands nervously. "But was it really a good decision? Calling back the people who have moved ahead from us in life might not have been the best thing to do."

"Mia." She froze. His voice changed and even without looking at him, she knew he was looking at her suspiciously. " You were fine all these days, what suddenly happened which is making you this tensed? The only person who arrived today is Yoongi, you aren't referring to him are you?"

There it was. Jin had straight up asked her. She should tell him. She should tell him everything right now.

"I am, Jin. I'm...." She turned to him but the moment she looked him in the eye, every bit of her being swayed from its purpose. "I'm scared for Hobi. You know how tensed he has been about meeting Yoongi. He's come out of his shell to meet us all after so long. I don't want him to retreat back into it because he is uncomfortable with anyone."

Jin eased visibly understanding her words though they were not the ones she had been wanting to say. "Hobi and Yoongi have been best friends since the moment they met Mia and you know the kind of relationship they share with each other. I'm sure meeting Yoongi isn't the problem, he'd be more than happy to see him again. It's what Yoongi has for him that's worrying him. Yes things happened but it happened a long time ago. Long enough for him to fight his demons already, This might just be his first step towards freedom. And he's Hoseok Mia, he'll figure out how to handle himself. He has never depended on us for any of his miseries no matter how painful they were. He is strong enough to handle this too so don't worry about him too much. He'll be fine."

Mia nodded. Yoongi had not just been a problem for her but for Hoseok as well and she had been so selfish that she only just realized it when she had the need to make excuses. She had to go talk to him and make sure he was alright.

After seeing Jungkook and Y/n, she had learnt what real best friends were. The way Jungkook always stood for her cousin was beyond admirable and more than anything, it was heartwarming. In a world where everyone had abandoned her, he stood by her, protecting her from anything that might so much as dare to hurt her. And Y/n? She was as loyal and faithful to him as a best friend should be, always taking his advice, following him around where ever he went. The two best friends were inseparable.

But Mia was nothing close to being the best friend of Hosoek which she claimed she was. Yes they grew up together and yes they had uncountable memories of each other but never had Mia tried to understand Hoseok emotionally. When he ran away, she too blamed him for everything until Y/n and Jungkook entered her life and her perceptions began to change.