Cinq

"W-What are you talking about?" I ask, trying to cover for myself. 

"There's no need to hide it, I know it's you Toni" Laf says. I sigh and stand up. 

"How'd you find out?" I ask, thinking of any possible way he could've found out. Did Peggy rat me out? No she wouldn't do that. 

"Lover boy over here." Herc says, motioning towards John, "He was writing about how he wants to court you, and we put the pieces together" 

J-John wants to court me?

"J-John wants to court me?" I ask, my heart beating a thousand times faster. My hands begin to sweat. John blushes and nods. 

"NOW IS NOT ZE TIME TO BE SPEAKING OF MARRIAGE!" Laf shouts, I flinch and back away, "I'm sorry Toni. I didn't mean to, eh, s-shout?" He says, not sure of the right words. 

"It's alright" I say.

"Explanation time" Laf says, I sigh. 

"I hadn't seen you for two years, and I needed to see you again. And I-I wanted to fight" 

"You're a woman!" Laf says, "You could've been hurt, or killed!" 

"Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I'm any less of a soldier! I'm the best dang shot Washington has! And I have the same chance of getting killed than anyone else here has!" I raise my voice a bit. 

"You're right. I'm sorry." Lafayette hugs me. 

Someone steps into the tent, "Van Pell, the general needs to see you now." 

"I'll be back" I say. 

I walk to the general's tent. He's going to send me home. Or have me executed. Great I'm going to get executed because I wanted to see my brother! 

"Anthony Van Pell. It has come to my attention that that is not your name, and you are not a man" Washington says. 

"That is correct, sir." I sigh. 

"What is your name, Miss" 

"Antoinette De Lafayette, sir. I came here to see my brother Lafayette. Also, I knew I was a good shot and I thought the revolution could use me. I'm sorry, sir" I say, looking at my boots. 

"Don't be sorry, Miss Lafayette. You are truly an incredible shot, and you were right that we could use you here." Washington folds his hands on his desk ans smiles. "I think we can make an exception for one great female in the revolution." 

"Thank you so much general Washington, sir!" I say. 

"You're welcome, Miss Lafayette. Now don't make me regret my decision" 

"You won't sir, I promise" I say. 

The general dismisses me, and I run all the way back to the tent. I pull my hair out of the bun and let it fall down past my shoulders. I run into Lafayette's arms. 

"He's letting me stay! The General said I can stay!" I exclaim. The guys all cheer. 

"That's wonderful!" Alex says. 

John just smiles, "Now, if I may," John says looking at Lafayette. 

"You have my blessing." Lafayette smiles. 

"Toni, would you allow me to court you?" John asks. I smile and throw myself into his arms.

"Yes, yes, yes a million times yes!" I giggle. 

Herc and Alex shout in celebration and Lafayette just smiles at John and I. John sits me down and looks at me, before pressing his lips to mine. 

**********

AAH I LOVE FLUUUFFFF
it was kinda fluffy at the end AND I  L O V E  I T  S O  M U C H 

a lot happened in this chapter but it was cute

have some more washingdad memes