Seize

"P-Pardon?" I say, a bit frightened.

"I don't recall your name, or how you know me." John says.

My heart drops, and I fall to my knees. Tears spring from my eyes, as I look up at John confused.

"I-I... I don't understand."

"Neither do I. I just woke up and I don't remember anything." John says.

"Maybe you two should come inside..." Eliza says, "I'll go get Alexander."

John and I sit on the sofa and wait for Alex and Eliza.

"John!" Alex says.

"Alex... He doesn't remember us." Eliza says.

"W-What." Alex stars at Eliza, a puzzled look on his face.

"I just woke up and I don't remember anything. Someone please tell me what happened." John says.

I sigh, "Well for starters. You're name is John Laurens, you were a Lieutenant Colonel under George Washington before you got shot in the battle of Yorktown, moments before we gained our freedom. We both were shot and almost killed. You recruited 3,000 men for the first all-black military regiment. However, when we were shot. All the members of the regiment were returned to their masters." I frown. John's smile droops as well.

"I'm Antoinette, everyone calls me Toni, and I'm your wife."

"My wife." John nods and places his hand over mine.

"We have a beautiful daughter named Frances Eleanor, and she is four years old. You've been in a comatose for..."

"Three years, well. Almost three years." Eliza says.

"My name is Alexander Hamilton. I'm your best friend. Hercules Mulligan and Lafayette are also your friends. Lafayette is your brother in law, Toni's older brother." Alex says, John nods.

"What's going on?" Laf asks, entering the room with Frances on his hip, Philip behind him. "John."

"He doesn't remember Lafayette." I say. Laf puts down Frances, and she runs over to John and climbs on his lap.

"Hi daddy!" She smiles.

"Hi princess." He smiles at her.

"I missed you daddy!" She says hugging him.

"I missed you too, Frances," John says, "You're so beautiful."

"Thank you daddy." Frances giggles.

*John's POV* a month later...

I try to dig around in my mind for ANY memory. Maybe just the smallest thing.

remember. remember. REMEMBER DAMNIT!

"John, are you alright?" I look up at Toni.

"Y-Yes darling, I'm fine." I rub my temples and Toni sits on the bed next to me. She rests her head on my shoulder. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" She looks up at me.

"Forgetting everything."

She sighs, "John, mon amour. It's not your fault you don't remember. You took a pretty bad fall when you were shot. Everything will be alright. I promise" I lace my fingers with hers, and she moves so her head is laying in my lap.

"Tell me, about everything. When we met, up to when we were shot."

Toni smiles, "Of course, mon amour."

Toni tells me everything, and doesn't spare any details. I feel some things coming back to me. "Tell me about our wedding. Don't leave out anything." I wink at her, causing her to blush like mad.

"A-Alright." She blushes and tells me about our wedding night. Even the events that went on at night, which embarrassed her to talk about.

"Hmm. Why don't we recreate that night." I smirk and lean down to connect our lips.

"O-Okay."

I pick up Toni and lay her in the middle of the bed and hover over her, connecting our lips together once more.