Epologue

Eliza hands me the letter and Handkerchief.

The handkerchief is folded up small, I unfold it and am hit with memories.

Peggy stictched John and I handkerchiefs. Mine had his name on it, and his had my name. I shakily reach into my pocket and pull out my handkerchief, which reads "John Laurens" with a little heart next to it.

I hold it next to John's, which has "Antoinette Laurens" with a heart next to it. I clutch the handkerchiefs to my chest and sob. I unfold the letter, and reveals two pieces of parchment.

The first one has the date of the Laurens-Lee duel.

"Dearest Toni.

I know I'm not losing this fucking duel. Especially to CHARLES LEE! But Alex told me this shit is mandatory so I have to write this. Just in case I die, which how would that happen I mean I'm dueling FUCKING CHARLES LEE! Anyway, I love you more than anything. I'll see you after I kick Lee's ass.

Love, John Laurens

I laugh a bit at the letter. A small smile finds its way on my face as I think of the duel. I was so scared an Lafayette held me as the duel occurred. That gunshot was the scariest thing I'd heard. Not even the gunshot itself, just the fear that John could've been the one afflicted by the bullet.

I read the other letter, and it has the date John was deployed on it.

"Dearest Toni.

Man I fucking love you. This letter won't be delivered to you unless some asshole shoots me in battle. I hope this letter never has to make it to you, but if you're reading this. It mean's that I've taken my last breath and left this world. I know you're hurting. And I know you miss me. God damn now I'm fucking crying.. Antoinette, I know this is hard. And it's going to be hard for you to accept that I'm gone. But my love there is no where you'll go that I won't be with you. I would give anything to hold you, and kiss you one last time. I promise you this, my love. I will be waiting. As our beloved friend Alexander said to Eliza. You truly are the best of wives and best of women. Give all my children and grandchildren an embrace for me. Never forget how much I love you.

*No Pov*

Eliza outlived her husband by 50 years. Eliza, Toni, and Angelica told Alexander's story, as well as John's. Toni spoke out against slavery, and fought for the rights of women and slaves alongside Eliza. One year before Eliza died, Toni passed on and went to be with her loved ones. Elizabeth Hamilton was the last surviving piece to the revolution, and even in her old days where she could barley see, hear, or walk, she still told Hamilton's story and wouldn't give up until his legacy was remembered. Eliza died at the age of 97. Her children, and the Laurens children told the story of their parents and fought for their dreams.

When Antoinette arrived on the other side, sure enough her beloved John Laurens was there, just as he promised. He embraced her.

"Thank you, for all that you did for the slaves, and the orphans. You're an incredible woman, Antoinette."

John kissed her, and it felt as if all the pain, and the hurt from the day Alexander died, to the day she took her last breath, just washed away. The pain in her heart that hurt like hell. That made her want to give up and end it all. Was all washed away. She stood in the arms of her husband, and smiled. Now she would watch over her children Frances, John, Gilbert, and Margarita. And her grandchildren. Antoinette and John would be right there to greet their children as they joined them on the other side.

Alexander emerges behind them.

"Antoinette." He smiled.

"Alexander!" I run over to him and hug him.

"Thank you for taking care of my Betsey."

"Of course. I love her so much."

Alexander smiles, "I miss her."

"She'll be here soon."

Antoinette joins John and the rest of her loved ones. All her pains go away and she feels happy again. She holds onto John at all times, scared to lose him again.

i loved and i loved and i lost you