Vingt Huit

*Antoinette's Pov*

I nudge John as we walk out of the room, leaving Philip and Frances alone.

"I don't want to let go of my baby girl.." John whispers.

"John..," I sigh, "She'll be fine."

"B-But what if she gets hurt?"

"You know his parents, they would kill Philip if he hurt her. I know you would do the same. Either way, she's always going to be your baby girl. No matter how old she gets. You'll always be her father and no marriage can change that."

John sighs, "I know..."

We sit down next to the Hamilton's, and inform them of the news.

"I gave your son permission to marry my daughter.." John says.

Eliza smiles and claps her hands together, "We need to get Peggy and Angelica here. Right now. We have a wedding to plan!" Eliza says, taking my hand.

"Eliza?" Alexander speaks, holding out his hand. Eliza walks over to him and takes his hand, "Come with me and speak to the children?"

"Of course." Eliza smiles.

"I'll go get Peggy and Angelica." I smile.

"Hurry back, and please be careful." John sighs. I kiss him and smile.

"Of course, mon amour."

He kisses my cheek and I run off to the Schuyler estate. As soon as I arrive Mr Schuyler opens the door.

"Oh! Mrs Laurens! Do you know if Philip is alright? I heard about the duel..."

"Yes sir. Philip is alright. M-My daughter took the bullet for him..."

"Oh I am so sorry. Is she alright?"

"Yes, she's fine."

"Your oldest reminds me of my dear Margarita." Mr Schuyler smiles.

"Speaking of Peggy, are her and Angelica here?" I ask.

"Yes. I'll send for them now."

I figured I should leave telling Mr Schuyler Philip and my daughter are getting married, to the Hamilton's.

Peggy and Angelica emerge at the door.

"Toni!" They both hug me.

"Girls. We've got a wedding to plan." I smile.

"Really! Who?!" Peggy gasps.

"My daughter and Philip!"

"FUCKING FINALLY!" Angelica shouts.

Peggy and I laugh.

"We must hurry back to the doctors.. I'll fill you in on everything on the way."

time skip

*Philip's Pov*

After what felt like forever, Frances is healed from the wound. A scar now permanently engraved in her body..

While Frances was healing, my father took me to purchase our rings. I bought rings similar to my parents, a simple gold band with our names engraved in them.

"Do you think she'll like it?" I ask my father.

"She'll love it."

...

I'm picking up Frances at 5 o'clock for a picnic. Mother helps me get everything ready and put everything in a basket.

"You better head off so you arrive on time," Mother hands me the basket and smiles, "Good luck, my son."

"Thank you mother." I kiss her cheek and make my way to the Laurens estate.

Once I arrive I knock on the door. Frances' father answers.

"Mr Hamilton." He shakes my hand.

"Mr Laurens." I nod.

Frances walks up behind her father and kisses his cheek. Me Laurens steps out of the way and I hold out my arm, Frances takes my arm and smiles at her father.

"Have her home before sunset. Please keep her safe. As long as she's safe I will not be mad if she's out past sunset."

"Thank you Mr Laurens. I will keep your daughter safe, always."

"Have fun you two, but not too much fun." Frances' mother says coming up behind her husband.

"Not too much fun..." Her father reminds.

"Oh my gosh... we're leaving now! Bye mom! Bye dad! I love you!" Frances groans and takes off running, dragging me behind her.

She stops running after her house is a short distance away.

"I love them but they're soooooooo overprotective sometimes." Frances moans.

"It's because they care about you."

"I know... And they're NOTHING compared to uncle Lafayette. He's coming from France tomorrow for the wedding, and oh he's going to give you SUCH a LONG talk!" Frances groans.

"I expected that from Lafayette." I laugh.

Frances and I reach a quiet park, and I set up our picnic.

I take time to admire Frances.

She's perfect

She has on a pink dress, knowing it's my favorite color on her. She wears a small chain with a ring around her neck. I recognize the ring as the one she got for my birthday when we were young. Our matching friendship rings. A smile makes its way on my face.

"What?" Frances asks.

"You're so beautiful."

"O-Oh.. why thank you Philip." She blushes.

"Y-You still have your ring.." I say.

"Of course!" Frances giggles, "I never took it off! Well when it grew too small for my finger I put it on a chain and now I wear it around my neck." Frances smiles.

I reach into my pocket and pull out the same ring Frances has around her neck.

"I keep it on me at all times.. I-I had it in my hand the entirety of the duel. From the moment I crossed the river to when y-you took the bullet. I held on to it as if it would save me.. and you did.." I look up at Frances who has tears in her eyes.

"W-When I jumped in front of you, I clutched my ring like it was the last thing I had that connected me to you..."

I shift closer to Frances. My heart races as I look around the park. It's empty, aside from Frances and I.

I shakily graze my fingers on Frances' jaw and gently lift he head up to look at me. I slowly press my lips to her's, engulfing her in a passionate kiss.