Chapter 4: Welcome to Briarcliff Academy

I walk into the school as a dark aura filled the air, what's with this intense atmosphere? I look at everyone's faces as they were filled with pure dread and depression, what the hell is this? What the fuck is with this school? I walk to class as a voice called out to me. 

"Yo Declan!", said the voice.

I turned around and saw Ryan as he ran up to me. 

"Morning man", I say.

"Morning dude, what's with this gloom?", he asked.

"Yeah, it's like the gloominess of our classroom spread throughout the entire school", I say. 

"I wonder what's going on?", he asked as we hurried to class.

We head to the class as we saw Miss Taylor standing in front of the class with that disapproving look she wears so well. Why is she here so early? The bell hasn't even rung yet.  I took the protagonist seat as she continued to glare at me, god what is her problem? The bell rung as she sighed. 

"Seems everyone is here, no latecomers today", she says as she looked at me. 

"Sorry", I say with an awkward laugh.

"20 students, two students got the highest marks and 7 failed.", she says with papers in hand.

So that means 13 students passed the pop quiz? That isn't too bad. She then took out her phone with a sad look on her face. 

"Christine Alexander, Marcus Fairchild, Jude Bronx, Adam Montone, Ed Ferris, Julia Nixon and Ryan Matthews, you have failed", she said as she pressed a button on her phone. 

Ryan? What Ryan failed, I then look at him as he had a puzzled look on her face. His phone then chimed as his eyes widened.

"What the hell is this?", he says as he gulped and looked at Miss Taylor.

"No way", says Christine. 

"What's going on?", says Michelle.

My phone didn't chime, there were no new messages on it, was the message just sent to the people she just called out.

"Read it", said Miss Taylor.

"Dear Ryan, due to the failure to complete the Pop Quiz with a pass-mark, we are sorry to inform you your credit points has been deducted to 0 points, a second failure will result in immediate suspension and extra classes and a third failure will result in termination", says Ryan as we all gasp.

"Is this what you meant by make sure you pass?", I say in shock. 

"You are correct Declan", she says.

What the hell is with this school? At zero points you don't do much at this school, I guess students mostly use their CP for food, seeing as we're allowed to bring lunch from home, it shouldn't be a problem but this more questions than answers. I then looked at my mobile device, my Credit Points were the same as it was yesterday, 999,650 points remaining.

"Miss Taylor, how do we get the credit back?", I asked as all eyes were on her.

"Pop Quizzes, Extra Circular activities, School Functions and so on, you can earn little and big points in undisclosed activities as well", she explained.

"What do you mean undisclosed?", asked Michelle.

"It's just as the name implies genius, it's undisclosed, meaning I can't tell you", she says. 

"Understandable", she says. 

"Next...", she says.

My phone then chimed as I pick it up.