Chapter 14: The Things We Lost That Night.

"You cannot defeat me Declan, you're simply not strong enough", says Adrian.

"I will defeat you, my magic power may have been taken from me but I will come out victorious", I cough as I stand to my feet.

"Finish him, Adrian, he's all talk", says Alexa as Adrian walked up to me with his sword in hand.

"I believe", I say as I close my eyes.

"This is the end Declan, you will not escape death a second time", said Adrian as he went for the headshot.

...................................................................

Nothing is permanent, everything can change overnight, loved ones can be lost, friends turn into enemies and places go up in smoke. We all lost something that night, some more than others.

Declan POV: 

2 DAYS LATER.

I lay in my bed and stare at the ceiling as I let out a loud sigh, it was only 10 am. It seems like I've been laying in bed forever. 

"Declan, get up breakfast is ready!", yelled my father as he knocked on the door.

"I'm not hungry", I say as I pull the sheets over my head.

"You have to eat something", he says.

A tear rolled out my eye as I curl up in the fetal position, the fire that night destroyed many things at the wrong possible time, my mother had a stroke that night, she passed away right after the school burnt down. Most of the students went to the hospital for smoke inhalation, while I was there I saw my father in tears, it was then I remembered the text.

"Your mother had a stroke", he said.

"She didn't make it", he continued as I fell to the ground. 

......

2 Days had past and I was still processing that information, hearing that left a hole inside me, I couldn't be there for her. 

I then removed the covers as I sit up in bed rubbing my eyes. There was a loud banging on my door.

"Go away", I yell but the banging continued.

It got louder and louder until I finally gave up and went to the door.

I open it to see Eric with a disapproving look on his face.

"Breakfast is ready", he said as he looked me dead in the eye.

"I'm not hungry", I say as I close the door but Eric stops it.

"Do not make me say it again", he warned.

"You're 3 years too late to act like my big brother", I say to him.

"I'm still older and I can kick your ass", he warned. 

"I'm not in the mood Eric, close the fucking door", I warned.