Chapter 11: Inside the Darkness

Character art [from left to right]: Eric Rhodes, Lana Ashworth, Stacy Ashworth, Declan Rhodes

Declan PoV:

Location: Briarcliff Academy, Student Council's Lounge, 7 pm.

"The Rebellion?", I ask. 

"This meeting is adjourned, thank you for your cooperation", says Eric as the members left the room. 

"What do you mean the Rebellion?", I asked.

"You both don't need to look so frightened", says Lana as she smiled. 

"I think you're scaring them", says Alexandra, class 1-A's president.

"Give the piece of paper back to me, it does not belong to you", I say to her. 

"You mean this?", says Eric as he took out the piece of paper. 

"Give it back Eric", I warned. 

"Is that threat, you need to know your place", says Lana as she scoffed.

"This is a conversation between brothers, how about you sit down and shut up", I say to Lana as Stacy muffled a laugh.

"Who the hell do you think you're talking to maggot!", she says enraged. 

"I'm not in the mood right now, so how about you cut the bitch attitude", I say to her. 

"You son of a bitch", says Lana.

"Would you both stop bickering!", yelled Eric. 

"Now, give me back that piece of paper", I say to him.

"Is this piece of paper really worth so much to you that you would risk suspension for provoking the Vice President of the Student Council?", says Eric. 

"Suspension is worth it if it means getting back that piece of paper", I say to him.

"It's an address", he says as he held up the paper.

"Is privacy something foreign to you?", I say.

"You had no right to read that", says Stacy.

"It would seem Mr. Dornan trusts you two", says Eric.

"What the hell is going on?", I say confused.

"Brother, it would seem you have a misconception as to why I summoned you here", says Eric.

 "To shut us up?", says Stacy.

"Do you really think so lowly of us?", asked Eric.

"Cut the crap Eric, I'm really not in the mood", I say as I head towards the door.

"What do you know about Code Black?", asked Eric as I stopped. 

"I don't trust you enough to tell you", I say to him as I open the door.