Chapter 28: Purple Dendrobium Orchids

My body shook as I got ready for school the next day. It's my first day in Class 1-B... I'm not ready. After what Steven told me last night, I just.....  I hold the knife to my neck as I press, I'm ready. My phone then started ringing as I stop.... it was Noah. 

"I love you", he says. 

"That's random", I say as I put the knife down.

"Sorry about last night, security came to get me, someone broke into my place last night but they didn't take anything", he explained.

"It's okay, I love you too", I say to him as a tear ran down my cheek. 

"See you at school today alright", he says as I hang up.

I wipe up the tears as I pull myself together, little did I know, today was the day Declan Rhodes dies. My already bleak day was about to start even bleaker. 

................

I walked to school as I see Stacy and Sebastian waving.

"Are you okay? Are you feeling better?", asked Stacy. 

"Yeah, I good, was just under the weather", I say.

"You still look under the weather, maybe you should have stayed home and rested", says Sebastian. 

"I don't need your opinion, I'm fine", I say to him.

"Someone's in a bitchy mood this morning", says Sebastian as he raised his eyebrows.

"Sure you're okay?", asked Stacy with a worried look on her face. 

"I'm sorry, I'm okay", I say as I smile.

They then walked off as I headed to class. 

"Mr. Rhodes, good morning", says the Principal as she smiled.

I then notice she was carrying some flowers, they weren't just flowers, they were Purple Dendrobium Orchids. 

"Purple Dendrobium Orchids", I say as I stare at them.

"Yes, they were a gift from the CEO's son, it's his favorite flower, he even planted them in a forested area in town", she said as my heart skipped a beat. 

"What...", I say with a shaky breath. 

"I didn't know that you knew of them, they're beautiful", she smiled as she walked off.  

I stood there in the noisy hallway in disarray. I realize by now that nothing is what it seemed, this can hardly be a coincidence anymore. Nothing in this godforsaken school is a coincidence. I learned that the hard way, after that awakening with Steven last night, I can no longer sit back and leave everything to fate.... so ... Purple Dendrobium Orchids huh? My boyfriend's favorite flowers are coincidentally the CEO's sons favorite too huh? Noah, just what have you been hiding from me. 

I had this same feeling last night, the same distraught feeling that everybody has been lying to me this whole time, the feeling that I'm turning a blind eye to what's been in front of me this entire time. 

"Declan!", a voice called out.

It was Lucas and Markus, knocking me back to reality. 

"Did you think about it?", asked Lucas as we walk to class. 

"I did and I accept", I say.

"Good, congratulations", says Lucas as we arrive in class. 

......