Chapter 5: The Student Council

It's time, the class assembly has begun.

"Class President", she says as we were all left confused.

"A class president?", says Stacy in excitement.

For that nervous breakdown she had a while back, she sure looked excited for this. 

"How do we choose the class president?", I ask.

"It's usually the two students with the highest score in the class, that makes the president you and the vice president Stacy", says Miss Taylor as my eyes widen.

How is an important role like this given to me?

"What if I refuse?", I say as all eyes were now on me including Stacys' intense gaze.

"If you refuse we find another but you won't refuse this role would you?", says Miss Taylor as she grinned.

She was right, I had my reasons, being the Class President gets my closer to Eric, this is just what I need. 

"I accept", I say as I clenched my fist. 

"Step forward, both of you", she commanded as we both stepped to the front of the class. 

She then took out a gold and silver badge as she pinned the gold on me and the silver on Stacy.

"I hereby declare Declan Rhodes as the Class President and Stacy Ashworth as the Vice President", she said as everyone applauded.

"So what do they do?", asked a student.

"They control the class and classroom, make changes to their desire and what they can't do, they make a case and submit them to the student council", says Miss Taylor.

"The student council?", asked another student.

"They're the highest people in school, they're in charge of every student on this compound and our new president and vice president will meet them shortly", says Miss Taylor as she looked at me and grinned as my eyes widen.

I'm meeting them this soon!?!!? I was nervous but not as nervous as Stacy, she had a terrified look on her face. 

What's with this chick?

"So Mr. President, what's your first order of business?", asked Miss Taylor as I stare at the classroom. 

"Cleaning this classroom up, it's dirty", I say as the class clapped.

"You think it's that easy huh? For equipment, you have to build a case to the student council and they have to grant your appeal, it's not as easy as you think", she explains. 

"Can't I just borrow some cleaning equipment from the janitors?", I asked. 

"The janitors clean the school, their not entitled to clean the classrooms so they don't enter any classroom's, as for their equipment, you can use your credit points to persuade them to borrow their supplies", says Miss Taylor. 

"Then I will", I say.

"I'm not sure the Credit Points of you or Miss Stacy will be enough, they hold a heavy bargain", says Miss Taylor. 

"I'll talk to them. If it fails I'll provide equipment of my own", I say. 

"Good Luck, now for the interesting part, I have to introduce you to the Student Council", says Miss Taylor as she walked outside.

The Student Council huh? ...

My heartbeat raced as we headed to the last floor of the 6 story building.