Chapter 6: House Cleaning

I finally get to see you, brother... it's been 3 whole years since you left home. 

3 Years Ago.

"You're leaving?", I ask.

"Yes Declan", says Eric.

"Why!", I yell.

"I will be back soon. This is something I have to do, I can't afford to drop out of Briarcliff and I've just been named Head of the Student Council, can you believe that! A third-year student  being the head of the student council!", he said in excitement. 

"Please don't leave me!", I beg.

"You'll never understand Declan ... you don't know Briarcliff", says Eric.

"You're right I don't understand! Explain it to me!", I beg.

"I can't right now, I have to get to the student dorms. I'm sorry Declan, maybe when you're older you'll understand", says Eric. 

"Eric!!!!!", I yelled at the top of my lungs. 

Big Brother, you left that day and I haven't seen you since and mother cried for months, even till this day she wishes to see you and hopes you're well. You told me when I got older I'd understand ... you promise me you'd be back for me but three years past and you never came back ...

.....

"Declan!", yelled Miss Taylor. 

"Oh right sorry.", I said gulping and coming back down to reality. 

"I never thought you'd come to Briarcliff but here you are, class 1-D huh? It's like you didn't try at all", said Eric.

"Have you gotten cocky during your time away brother?", I say as I grit my teeth.

"How dare you speak to the President like that!!!", yelled Lana.

"Like you're any better", says Stacy as she glared. 

"Do you fools really wanna pick a fight with us!", says Lana enraged.

"Enough Lana, it would seem my little brother finally grew some balls", says Eric.

"I grew more than balls in that three years", I say to him.

"Do you have what it takes to stand against me?", said Eric.

"Watch out big brother, I'm coming for you", I warn. 

"Bring it", he smiled as I walk out the room. 

"This year has some promising students Miss Taylor", says Eric to Miss Taylor. 

"I apologize for them", she says.

"Do you really mean that Miss Taylor?", asked Eric.

"I really don't", she said as she walked behind me. 

....................

"Do you idiots really wanna make an enemy of the student council?", asked Miss Taylor.

"Do they really want to make an enemy of us?", I say as I snickered at Stacy.

"That was pretty cool Declan", says Stacy.

"You got some balls kid", says Miss Taylor.

"Thank you ma'am", I say. 

"Be careful, head back to class, I'll be in shortly", she says as she grabbed a cigarette and headed upstairs.