Chapter 30 - The Creator

~Authors Note~

It's been a wild 2020, guess now I finally got some free time on my hands time to get back into writing, full-time this time. Sorry, I've been gone so long, my head is right this time, lets move headstrong into this chapter. I've been putting off writing this one cause I have about 10 ways the book could go and I CANNOT CHOOSE ONE FOR THE DEATH OF ME! I guess feedback is important, PLEASE do give your feedback, don't be afraid to say "Jonathan you're doing bullshit!", I would GREATLY appreciate it. 

DECLAN IS REVEALED AS THE CREATOR OF THE SYSTEM, DECLAN BRIAR CLIFF MOEBIUS. Just what is the plan of The Rebellion? Just what do they hope to accomplish? Who's blood will be spilled as the ARC reaches its climax, giving birth to a new arc. 

~Declan POV~

"Declan Briar Cliff Moebius, the creator of Briarcliff.", says Eric.

"What bullshit are you spewing?", I say laughing.

"Hold him down", says Eric as they pinned me to the wall.

Eric then picked up a knife and stabbed me in the chest as I screamed.

"Remove his pain sensors from the mainframe Lana", says Eric as Lana typed up a code on the computer system.

And just like that .... the pain was gone.

"What the actual fuck", I say as I fall to my knees.

"Are you ready to listen to what we have to say Declan?", says Eric as they all stare at me.

"I'm ready", I say with eyes wide open.

..........

"Start from the beginning", I say to Eric as I take a seat.

Deep breaths Declan, there must be a reasonable explanation for all this. 

"The Creator built the system about 50 years ago but my journey all started 3 years ago, I found a note in the Student Council room one day, it read 'the school is not what it seems, your enemy is Declan Rhodes, for he is the creator of the system', I ", says Eric.

"I'm definitely under 50 and I'm the enemy", I bicker.

"Nanobots", says Eric. 

"Nanobots? Like the tiny little machines?", I ask. 

"Implanted into all of the faculty and students and family of anyone who even knows of Briarcliff", says Miss Taylor. 

"Wouldn't there have to be a surgery to get it done?", I ask.

"No, you simply breathe it in, all it takes is a mist of nanobots to enter your system, about 100 nanobots are placed within the sealed envelope in your Briarcliff acceptance letter, you can't tell because it holds no weight whatsoever, anyone who opened the letter, nanobots are dispatched into the atmosphere and affects anyone in the household", says Eric.

"What the fuck! What do these nanobots do?", I ask. 

"About 20 of them enter your system, it gives admins permission into whatever you see and do, basically breaks every privacy law in existence, it turns you into a Briarcliff slave and after years of research, no one has been able to rid the nanobots. Even in death, they are ejected onto a new host, anyone in the room of the deceased", says Taylor. 

"You said I'm the creator? Did I do this?", I say in shock. 

"You basically created this entire system, you've also created a nanobot that ages backward, you're currently 21 now, you've been aging backward this entire time, meaning you have 21 years left to live, you're originally 61, this nanobot you've created to reject your age, you've only ever been able to mimic it twice, upon yourself and your father Steven, the other person you used it on is unknown, there's a strange side effect to this, you lose your memories every 3 years. When you're close to losing your memories, a strict protocol comes into effect, Project Midnight comes into effect, it affects everyone with nanobots, not only your memories are erased but everyone else's too. Think of it as a bug or a virus.", explains Eric.