Chapter FIFTY

We all sat in front of the TV. It was _(Your Favorite Comedy) we laughed heartily as the protagonist did something stupid. I slapped Mari's knees as I laughed hard enough that small chortles were heard. I saw Alya wipe a tear in her eye as she chortled shamelessly. A notification rung from my phone, and I stood up. I'm pretty sure someone's at the door, I didn't invite anyone else that's not present other than Adrien.. so who else would it be.

"I'll open the door.. tell me what happens next, Kay?" They nodded shooing me away. I shook my head laughing lightly. They seem to be having a great time.. and I couldn't spoil that for them, not when I did just that yesterday.. "heyya Adri-!.." I stopped Midway and almost choked at the sight in front of me. "Nate?" He grinned at me and quickly threw his arms around me.. ermm..

"_(Your Name)!" He cheered before burrying his face behind my hair. I stood there frozen in awkward air. My hands stiffly lifted themselves before settling themselves on his lower back.

"H-hey.. wha-at are you doing here?" I asked patting his back before peeling myself off of his iron-like grip.

"What else? My parents are out of town and I asked them if we could spend time together.. like when we were kids! Great idea huh?" I grinned awkwardly..

"Umm.. yeah.." his smile faltered. And his gaze went to the floor.

"You don't want me here.." It wasn't a question, it was a Statement.

"Goodness no! Nate, you are my bestest friend and almost like a brother to me.. you know that, right?" He uttered something under his breath and nodded. I enveloped him in a hug again and I felt him hug back.. tighter.

"Hey gur-.. oh.." I turned and saw Alya there giving me a look. And a wink. "Guess I'll just tell everyone.. we can wait. Take you time.." she teased giving me a wink again before laughing away and into the hallway.

"Oh, you had friends over? I'll get going then" he uttered softly and turned on his back

"No.. Nate, come on.. we're friends since we're in diapers! And beside.. my friends are your friends.. come on! I'll introduce you!" A grin painted my face as I pulled him through the door and into the house. I dragged him up the stairs to my room where snacks littered the floor with my friends laughing and cuddling with their respective pairs. "Guys!~" I stated in a singing tone. Nate stood awkwardly beside me, and I feel him, our kind of people aren't exactly social, popularity is one thing but making friends is another, which is why I was glad when Mari and Alya approached me first, not for an autograph.. but to be a friend. "I'd love you to meet! Nate! He's my buddy..!" I elbowed him in the stomach and he let out an 'oomph' before scratching the back of his head.

"N-nice to meet you.." the four of them shared looks and I felt Nate come closer to me uncomfortable at some stares the others were giving him. After seconds of them talking, their faces lit up like fireworks and they stood up piling in front of Nate asking questions. The four swarmed him and I gladly went out of the way to let them create their bond. I sighed happily and in contentment.

We were going to watch a horror movie, we suddenly got tired of laughing and wanted some jump scares.. I clung onto one of the couch's throw pillows excited to see _(Fav. Horror Movie)

"Alya! Pass the popcorn.." I asked waving my hand around trying to reach for the bowl she had conviniently place on her lap. She giggled as she looked towards the others except me and Nate giving them a signal to shush. I gave her a confused look and she winked at me and decided to turn and look at the screen, choosing a different movie to watch, I whined. Just as she was about to press the button for playing "Insidous" a knock was heard coming from the door to my room. At the corner of my eye I saw Alya face palm. I stood up and opened it and a smile hurriedly painted itself in my face as my eyes met emerald green eyes.

"Hey.." he greeted, his cheeks painted a slight pink. And I could feel my own mirroring his own.

"Hey" I welcomed him into My room. And as I sat down, he sat beside me.. I looked over at Nate to find him nonchalantly looking at the TV while chewing some popcorn. The room grew silent and awkward.. a real fast development per say. What's worse than this? Me in front of a television, beside my best friend and boyfriend or the fact that our friends were watching us and is finding us more interesting than the movie playing..

A few moments later, my tense limbs finally grew comfortable as the couples focused back into the movie ignoring the three of us. I sighed in relief.. until an arm threw itself around my shoulders pushing my head on top of it's owner's shoulder. I swaer, the room grew silent.. even the TV did.. I pursed my lips in slight annoyance. I looked at the owner and was met with Nate's face grinning at me. I returned the smile, inching closer to him and dug my head into the space between his neck and shoulder. I felt Adrien's gaze on us but paid no mind, it was time to spend some quality time with Nate.. afterall, I practically hadn't had much time with him since I started going to school..

"Hey _(Your Name) would you like some popcorn?" I nodded, raising my hands to grab some off his bowl when he pressed one against my lips, my breath hitched as the butter in it spread on my lips lightly making it shine lightly..