(17)

i look at the time. 3am? i'm supposed to be asleep. maybe, i should go drink milk. it always helps me fall asleep. i look in the fridge. no milk? goddamnit. i grab $5 and my jacket as i head out.

🍂

i sip my milk as i look at the stars. i hear footsteps behind me and i immediately turn around.

"yoongi?" i say, "oh, you scared me."

"hey." yoongi says.

"what're you doing out here?" i ask.

"i could ask the same." yoongi says.

"i couldn't sleep." i say.

"yeah.. same." yoongi says, "are you going to drink the rest of that?"

"no, here." i say as i pass him the milk.

"you know, you should forgive hoseok. i know he was being a dick and broke your heart. but really, you can't find anyone else like hoseok." yoongi says as he smiles.

"do you love hoseok?" i ask.

"w–what?" yoongi says.

"you love hoseok." i say and yoongi sighs.

"is that why you hate me so much?" i say.

"shut up!" yoongi says, "i know hoseok is too oblivious and he's straight anyways."

"it's pretty nice out, isn't it?" i say.

"yeah, it is." yoongi says as he sighs.

"heartbroken?" i say and i tilt my head.

"kinda.." yoongi says, "he's just this ball of sunshine and he always makes my day. he's so cute in every way, i just want to squish him and cuddle with him all day. but he's all yours and there's nothing i could do about it."

i pat yoongi on his back and i say, "it's okay. you'll find someone."

"i hope." yoongi says.

"does hoseok know about this?" i say.

"no.." yoongi says, "don't tell him."

"i won't." i say and i rub my eyes, "you know you're not that bad. you're the kind of person i could have deep talks with and be mad chill."

"mad chill." yoongi says with quotes in the air.

"fuck you." i say.

"how hard?" yoongi says and i glare at him, "jesus. it was just a joke."

"so, i heard. you're jobless." yoongi says.

"my last job was at restaurant. i always wanted to become a doctor but i never got to go to college since.. hoseok kicked me out. i haven't seen my dad in a while." i say.