(36)

TRIGGER WARNING

i hear the door unlock, signaling that hoseok was home. i get up to hug him and he smiles.
i feel his bones through his shirt and i lift his shirt up. my fingers trace his skin as i could feel his ribs on my fingers.

"you're not trying.. are you?" i ask and hoseok gulps.

"i.. don't feel so good.." hoseok says.

"w–what?" i say.

hoseok suddenly collapses in my arms and i panic. this can't be happening.

"holy shit." i curse and i lift him up, bridal style.

i throw his body in the car and i jump in the front seat to start driving to the hospital. not again.. not again.. i put in the address of the nearest hospital in my phone and drive as fast as i can and i could see the hospital clearer as i drive near it. thank god, it was only 1 mile away.

i blink away my tears and carry him to the emergency room. i look down and i gulp. this wouldn't have happened.. if only i did something.

all i could think of was, is hoseok okay and it's all my fault.

🍂

"is he okay..?" i say.

"yes.. thank god.." the doctor says as i sigh, "but he needs to stay in the hospital for as much time needed."

"b–but he has a job, he dances and raps.." i say.

"i'm sorry.. this is the only way he'll get better.." the doctor says.

"is he awake?" i say.

"no.. but come check again tomorrow.." the doctor says.

"i'm staying.. the whole night.." i say.

the doctor nods his head and i go in to see hoseok. he looks pale and my heart aches at the sight of him like this. i hear a 'ding' from my phone and i take it out.

boss: where have you been? if you keep this up, next thing you know you are fired!

me: i am so so sorry.. a loved one of mine almost died or you could say on the verge of death. i promise, i will be back as soon as i can.

boss: sorry to hear that, but since you just got the job.. i'll let this slide.

i let out a sigh of relief and shut my phone. my hand lands on hoseok's hand and i smile. i rest my head on his stomach and i close my eyes.