Just Hanging out (chapter 4)

Alex's pov
I was sitting on the couch while he was sitting on the other side. We were just hanging out watching TV.

"Hey, do you want some lunch?" He asked since it was pretty much lunch time.

"Sure. What do we have?" I asked.

"We could have some pizza or go to Olive Garden." He said.

"What's an 'Olive Garden'?" I said, confused.

"Its a restaurant that's really good." He said half laughing at my confusion.

"Oh. Then let's go there!" I said, blushing from him laughing at me.

~Time skip brought to you by BREEEEAAADSTICKS~

We walked into the restaurant, taking a seat fairly close to the door.

"Hello, welcome to Olive Garden!" A voice said from beside us. "My name is Daniel and I'll be your server today! Here's a menu, can I start you off with something to drink?"

Trying to process the very fast-spoken words, our server, Daniel, had said, I look over to the guy beside me.

"What is he trying to say?" I ask, slightly confused.

"He's asking what you want to drink, then after he comes back with that we can order our food," he says pointing towards the side of the menu which shows drinks.

"Oh... okay... I'll just get sweet tea?" I say, turning back towards Daniel.

"And I'll take a soda."

"So that's one sweet tea and one soda coming right up, I'll take your orders right when I get back!" Daniel smiled and then walked off.

"So... What are you thinking about getting?" I ask, putting down the menu while I stare at him expectantly.

"Probably chicken masala, what about you?" He inquired, putting the menu down.

"Um... the 'Fettuccine Alfredo' looks good I guess," I say quietly, scanning the menu again before putting it back down quietly.

"Perfect." He said to me as Daniel walked back with our drinks.

Setting our drinks down he turned back to us.

"What can I get you to eat?" Daniel asked as he smiled, ready to write down our orders.

"Ummm..... I'll have the Fettuccine Alfredo with salad please," I asked as he quickly wrote down everything I said.

"And I'll have the Chicken Masala also with a salad," He said as Daniel continued to write.

"Okay, I'll be back in a little bit with your meals," He said ripping out the paper that he wrote on as he walked away.

"So Alex, what do you want to do tomorrow?" He asked actually being nice again.

"Maybe looking for jobs so I can actually help pay for food and such," I replied as he actually paid attention to me.

"Sounds good to me, I can't pay for everything you know."

So much for being nice again.

"That's kind of rude," I huffed, crossing my arms as I started to sip my sweet tea.

"Just telling the truth, I'm not your father," he said angrily at me.

I glared at him until Daniel finally came back.

"Okay so I have Fettuccine Alfredo and a salad here..." he handed me my plate. "And Chicken Masala and salad... and that should be it! Hope you enjoy your meal folks! You're such a cute couple by the way!"

"We're not a couple!" Mr. Grumpy pants beside me yelled back at Daniel, who smiled and winked at us before continuing to walk away.

I ate my Fettuccine Alfredo and salad as we sat there in utter silence.

"So we're going to go look for jobs tomorrow? What do you like to do?" He asked questioningly as he looked at me.

"I like singing and making art," I said taking a sip of my drink.

"So maybe an artist for a game shop where you can make some concept art for games?" He replied after taking a bite of his chicken.

"Sounds good to me, I mean I don't know if I'd know what to do there though. This "technology" as you people call it is very uncooperative."

"I'm sure someone can teach you, all you really have to do is look good on the resume to get them to hire you." He has now finished a few more bites of his dry, tasteless chicken and was working on the salad. He stuck his tongue out in disgust, pushing the plate to the side.

(Just like his personality)

"Resume?" I inquire, tilting my head sideways slightly. "Is that another type of job or...?"

"A resume is a paper you fill out to apply to a job," he says, rolling his eyes.

"Well pardon me for not knowing."

We finished our food in complete silence and then called over Daniel again.

"So your total is 31.67," Daniel stated, pushing a receipt over for us to sign. "Would you like to pay cash or credit?"

"What does credit mean?" I whisper to the guy beside me.

"Don't worry, I've got it." He rolls his eyes and grabs something from his pocket before handing it to Daniel. He turned on his heel, then stopped in his tracks.

"Um..." Daniel looked at the crumpled bills he held in his hand, turning to face the grumpy creature.

???'s pov

"Yes. I have visual contact with the subject. She is eating at Olive Garden. She is with a man. Yes, I could take her into custody now but people will see. No sit