The "Talk" (Chapter 9)

Alex's P.O.V.

"I have been thinking... You shouldn't be the one paying for all of this," I say, fiddling with my thumbs as I talk.

"Really? About time!"

"Rude."

"Look... I was being sarcastic."

"To change the subject... I have the newspapers all set out for us to look at together."

"What career path would you like to pursue?"

"Something that involves... technology. "

"Really?"

"Yeah." I really want to do something involving technology. I know it sounds weird, but I really want to be a tech genius and work with robots and some other stuff.

Ben's P.O.V.

She's really into tech now that I introduced it to her. I wonder if it's the right choice that I let her do this. I mean... She has her heart set on doing this so... If she wants to do it... then I support her 100%.

I decided that we go to the job center and try to find her a job that works with coding and stuff similar to that.

time skip ~

We arrived after the short trip and she lit up like a firework. She ran inside and looked at all of the jobs and was deciding which one she liked the best.

I noticed that the ones that she was deciding on were mostly coding ones.

"Hey... Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes. I'm sure! Besides, I'm still working on the robot you gave me. It does a lot of cool things when you program it right!"

I'm glad she's still learning how to code and know that she will fit any of the jobs that she picked out so... she just has to choose the right one for herself.

"Ooh! How about software engineering?" I took the slip of paper and it was a job description.

It was perfect for her!

Also, it had good pay too, a LOT more than what I make now.

"I think it's great! I say go for it!"

"Yay! Thanks!"

"You're welcome."

She walked over and talked to the guy some more and set up an interview with him the next day. We drove home and started working on her resume.

The Next Day ~

The next day came WAY too fast for both of us. Alex quickly grabbed the paperwork she needed and hopped into the car. I grabbed the keys and went to the car.

We made it in time for the interview and made sure that she didn't leave anything at home.

Alex's P.O.V.

I walked into the room and sat down in front of the guy.

"Hello! Are you ready to start?" He asked, smiling politely at us.

"Yes, I am!"

"You seem really excited for this."

"Yeah! It's my first job so... it's kind of hard not to either be excited or nervous."

"That's ok. Everyone's nervous at their first interview. It's a normal thing."

This went on for some time. Him asking questions and also me asking some questions about the company and the job and what-not.

It was a little while later when he said "Well... You match this perfectly so... you're hired!"

"Really?! Thank you so much!" I reached out to shake his hand and turned on my heel.

I opened the door and then ran to hug Ben. He was a huge help when I had my downs.

"Let me guess... did you get the job?"

"Yes, I did!"

"I'm so proud of you!"

"Thank you, Ben! You're the best!"

"Aw... Thank you Alex. I really appreciate it."

Hello, It's currently 3:13 AM and we have been up all night planning the chapters! I have up to chapter 20 in this book and Chapter 10 on The Experiment. ANYWAYS! I have to go now so as always... Stay Frosty My Huskies!