On My Own (Chapter 11)

Evelyn's P.O.V.

I decided to go on a nature walk while Alex and Ben were out.

I hope they get together soon! They would be so cute together.

Anyway... I left my house in a more 'nature-esc' outfit. This way I wouldn't ruin my fancy clothes for work.

As I left, I could've sworn I heard someone calling my name but I ignored it.

I walk towards my car and get in. I drive towards the place where the nature walks are. I get out of my car and slowly walk to the door of a cozy looking shack.

Inside, I see plenty of bear posters and horse pictures. Along the shelves were a bunch of little knick-knacks and useless junk that no one really needed but bought anyway.

I'm a working woman who knows these things.

I walk up to the counter and ring the tiny bell on it. A thin man walked out.

"Yes, mam? How can I help you?"

"I was wondering if this is where I come for the nature walks?"

"Yes, it is! Its 20 dollars an hour." He said as I pull out my wallet an grab a 50 dollar bill.

"Can I do 2 and a half hours?" His eyes glimmered at the sight of the bill.

"Y-Yes, you c-can." I giggled slightly at his nervousness.

"Here you go!" I hand him the bill and he puts it away in his cash register.

I grab one of the wolf walkingsticks and head out. As soon as I step onto the trail and I am immediately in awe of the world around me.

I hear crickets chirping, woodpeckers pecking, and frogs croaking. I start walking and notice all the flowers around me. I notice alliums, begonias, corydalis and many many more types. I have also noticed some pine and alder trees.

It was beautiful. I couldn't believe my eyes at the sights and sound I heard.

After a bit more walking around I noticed half an hour went by. I was surprised and noticed I had gotten lost. I walked around looking for the path but I don't sea it. I walk around for another hour and finally find the path.

I walk on the path for a bit longer and notice I only half an hour left and I start walking back. As I do I see some deer and chipmunks. I feel my eyes widen in shock as a deer walks over to me.

"Hi." I pet it because it actually let me do so. As I continue to walk back I can hear the faint noise of someone calling to another. I sigh in relief as I now know that I'm close to civilization. I sit down and relax as I slowly drift off to sleep.

~TimeSkip~

I wake up to someone lightly shaking me. "5 more minutes," I say as I turn only to fall on my face to the ground.

"Oh my gosh! Are you ok? I found you sleeping here after your time was up!" I groan as I look up and see the guy from the counter.

"Yeah. Sorry about that I guess I dozed off." I stand and wipe the leaves off my clothes and out of my hair. Out of nowhere, my stomach growled and I giggled slightly. "Guess I'm hungry."

"If you want you can come to the shack and have lunch with me."

"O-Ok." I slightly blushed and walked back with him. The smell of pizza wafted through the air and my mouthed watered. I started running to the scent and screamed, "PIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZA!!!!!!!!!!" at the top of my lungs. I heard some laughing from behind me but I couldn't care less because I needed and wanted that pizza.

I run into the shack and see Dominos pizza and garlic knots sitting there untouched. I gasp and immediately sit down waiting for the guy to get here.

I didn't want to be rude and take his pizza after he kindly offered it to me. Then I would seem so rude and disrespectful.

Eventually, he walks in and grabs 2 plates. He hands me mine and I get up and grab 3 slices of pizza and 2 garlic knots.

Oh, my gosh was I starving!

I scarfed down the food in a matter of minutes. I sighed content and played on my phone while waiting for him to finish. He finished about 10 minutes after I did and we said our goodbyes and I left.

I couldn't be falling for someone, could I? I didn't even get his name! You are such an idiot Evelyn.

I drive home reflecting on the day and how he was worried about me when I didn't come back.

I mean sure I probably think he is cute and such but I cant have a boyfriend! I work for the stinkin' government. UGH! I hate my job but I can't quit because then I would know the government secrets!

My life is one big weird book, that I bet someone is reading, but oh well. As long as Ben and Alex are happy, I'm happy. Or at least as happy as I can be. I really hope I don't fall for him.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY! Nice to see you all again. I hope you liked this semi-detailed chapter with Evey. She a lonely potato. ANYWAYS. Stay Frost My Huskies!