The New Pet (Chapter 17)

Alex's P.O.V.

I was just sitting on the couch playing on my phone. Ben walks up and sits next to me. "Hey, Alex?"

"Yes???" I ask wondering what he could possibly have wanted.

"Do you want to get a dog?" I turn my head to him and smile widely.

"Yes!!!!!!!" I stood up and started running to the car.

"Now? Ok." He runs after me and hops into the car.

~Timeskip~

We had arrived at a building. I didn't know where we were, but I sure was excited. The building read 'ASPCA'. I hurriedly ran into the building.

I look around and notice that there was no one at the front desk. I heard barking and my face immediately lit up. Ben chuckled as I ran around in circles.

"Hello? Is anyone here?" Ben yelled as we stood at the desk. I heard a sigh and someone very familiar walked out.

"Evelyn? What are you doing here?" I heard her gasp as she noticed who we were. "Alex? Ben? I work here as a part-time job." I gasp as I see her smile.

"We are here to adopt a dog. Alex is super excited, as you can see." I giggle as she notices.

"I really want a dog. Or a cat. Really any animal." Evelyn turned around and opened the door behind her.

"Well then. Come on in." I run in and gasp at all the dogs. I start running down to the end. I staree as I see several types of dogs.

"What's this dog?" I say as I point to a small black and white dog.

"That is a Pomsky. They are a mix of a Siberian Husky and a Pomeranian. They are perfect for two people." Evelyn explained as I had her unlock it. I hold the puppy close to me.

"This is the one! This is the dog we are getting her!" I heard Evelyn giggle.

"Ok. There is a form that Ben needs to fill out and we will continue from there."

~Timeskip until after all the Legal stuff~

I sigh as I hold Snow in my arms. She is such a beautiful dog. I can't wait to train her and bring her home! She is too cute! I can't wait to introduce her to Skye.

Once we got home, I decided to call her and see if she could come over.

"Hello?"

"Hey Skye!"

"What's up?"

"I. Have. A. DOG NOW!"

"You what?!?!"

"Yup! Are you free to come ov-" She hung up before I could finish my sentence.I giggled at her reaction.

As I let Snow run around. Out of nowhere the door burst open to reveal Skye.

"Where is she?!" She screamed at me. I pointed to the little white and gray fluffball on the floor. Skye quickly grabbed her.

"That little one right there is Snow. She is a pomsky do she won't get too big." Skye kept cooing to the little dog when Ben walked from the kitchen with a bowl of food.

Skye sat the dog down. Snow sprinted to the bowl and started munching down.

"Looks like she likes her food." Ben says as he sits down and puts his arm around me.

Is he trying to flirt with me? I guess he is. I scooted away slightly. I could hear a sad sigh from him but he didn't show it on his face.

"Why don't we watch something?" Skye asked quietly from the loveseat.

LI think that would be marvelous idea! How about 'The Flash'? I heard it was a great show." I quickly replied to hopefully change the tense mood that was obviously hanging in the air.

Ben grabbed the remote and turned on Netflix. As he was doing that I got up and went the kitchen. I sighed a breath of relief as I got out of earshot.

That was a little too weird. He has never done that before.

I walked over to the pantry to grab some popcorn. I grabbed two bags and walked over to the microwave. I opened one of the bags and shoved it into the microwave.

I punched in two minutes for the time and went to grab a Bowl. I also grabbed one tablespoon of butter and some salt.

After the first bag was done I put a bit of salt on it then started the next bag. I waited the two minutes and then dumped the bag on the rest of the popcorn. I put a little more salt on and put the tablespoon of butter in a migraine.

I put the mug in the microwave for thirty seconds. I tossed the popcorn in the bowl a bit to mix up the salt when I hear The Flash theme start to play.

I quickly poured the butter on and tossed It. I grabbed three sodas and ran into the living room. I vaulted over the couch and landed without dropping any popcorn. I sat down as we started the show.

About halfway through I had to go to the restroom.

"Don't worry about pausing it," I said while getting up, "I won't be long." I got up and walked to the restroom.

I started walking back downstairs. I could hear a light yelp from downstairs. Out of nowhere there was a scream.

"Skye?!" I called down. No reply. I started sprinting down the stairs.

When I got down I only saw Snow and the door was wide open. I saw a note.

Dear Alex,

I took your friends! How do you feel? Not good huh?

Perfect! Now... If you want to get them back meet me at Olive Garden at midnight.

Alone.

If you don't they will not have a fun time. Bye for now!

~S.S.

This person is going to pay for what they have done.

I packed a bag full with a flashlight, my phone, and a charger just in case. I quickly ran out the door and hopped in the car.

I quickly turned the key in the ignition and started my way to Olive Garden. It may not be 12 yet but I want to get there before they do.

I pulled into the parking lot, pulled the key out of the ignition, got out of the car and waited. I knew I would be standing here for awhile.

I decided to call Evelyn. It would be good to have some government backup.

"Hey Evelyn?" I asked quietly because I didn't know who could hear me.

"Alex! What's wrong?" She asked sounding worried.

HEEEEEEEEEELLO EVERYONE! I finally got another Chap out! If you liked it please vote and comment! Anyways, Stay Frosty My Huskies