Who are you? (Chapter 5)

Alex's pov

A girl walked up to us as we were about to get up.

"Hello! I'm Evelyn! You're the girl from the ice? Right? Alex, If I'm correct. I am correct right? God I'm so excited to meet you." She explained rather quickly. I don't know how she knew my name.

"Yes. My name is Alex, but how do you know my name? I haven't told anyone but a select few people." I said answering all her questions and asking my own. I really hope she isn't a spy or something else like that.

"U-umm. U-u-uhhh. Let's not worry about that. I just want to be your friend and hang out sometime? I-if that's ok with you two. I mean I have a few places I want to show you that this guy would never take you." She said with a stutter. I don't know if I can trust her.

"Sure," I said simply, trying to get her to leave.

"Great! Thanks!" She said walking away.

God that girl was so weird. I don't even know how she knew my name. I hope all people aren't this weird. She was interesting, to say the least. And that outfit she was wearing what even.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked sounding annoyed because of Evelyn.

"Yeah. Sorry about that. I kinda spaced out. Let's go home." I replied still kinda spaced out.

As we were driving I was just staring out of the window.

"Are you ok? You seem sorta out of it." He asked sounding concerned once again.

"Sure. Let's go with that." I said sounding sassy.

"You don't have to be sassy about it..." He said back to me.

We were silent the rest of the drive to the house. We went inside and Mr. Grumpy Pants turned on the television and sat down on the couch and sighed. I went up to my room and face planted onto my bed. I was contemplating about Evelyn, should I really trust her? I don't think I should... I guess I'll hang out with her once to see if she's okay.

~Timeskip brought to you by Evelyn~

I called Evelyn telling her to come over. I hope I can trust her. She's very weird. I hear the doorbell ring and get up to get it.

"Hello, Evelyn. Nice to see you again." I say as I open the door to see Evelyn.

"Nice to see you too! May I come in? I brought a few movies and popcorn!" She said speaking fast again.

"Sure but on one condition," I said looking sly as she was about to step in.

"Yeah whatever you want." She answered as she walked in.

"Good. So seeing as you have walked in you have already accepted what I'm about to say. You have to answer all my questions... truthfully." I said, using my serious tone.

"U-umm ok. Ask me anything you want. I have already agreed. Therefore all my answers will be truthful." She stated matter-of-factly.

"Good. Question 1. How did you know my name when we first met? I haven't told anyone besides the neighbors and him my name." I said because I really needed to know.

She took a deep breath before answering my very specific question.

"I know your name because I work for the U.S. government. You may not know them but they run the United States. I'm an FBI agent and my mission is to bring you in for testing. Happy?" She answered and sounded honest.

"Thank you for being honest with me. If you were being honest. I don't even know if you were being honest. I'm rambling, sorry. I just don't know who I can trust. I've barely been out of the ice for a week and things have gotten crazy." I said explaining what happened this past week.

"I completely understand what you're saying. I won't bring you in immediately but I have to bring you in eventually because if I don't I lose my job. I'm sorry please understand what I'm saying. I know that this is gonna be tough." She said. I mean I kinda understand and I don't want her to lose her job. I don't want to go in but if I don't bad things are gonna happen.

"Ok. So in maybe a year or so? I mean I don't know if you have a time limit or anything but I want to try and at least get my own house. And maybe a husband. I don't know but if you can do a year I'll happily go with you." I answered hoping that she can do a year.

"Maybe I can do a year." She answered.

"Hey, can I tell you a secret?" I asked her.

"Sure!" She replied quickly.

"I may or may not have a crush on Mr. Grumpy Pants. Please don't tell him! He can't know. I really don't want anyone else to know either. Can you promise me you won't tell anyone?" I said not knowing he was watching us.

"I promise that I won't tell him." She replied.

I sighed as she said that and we continued to watch the movie not knowing what was going on upstairs.

His pov

Oh, my gosh did she just say she likes me? She did! AHHHHHHH!

I wish I could just be a normal human being and just tell her I like her back.

God, she's beautiful.

Maybe I'll tell her my name soon. That sounds like a good plan.

Maybe tomorrow? Yea that sounds good. Tomorrow it is!

She better be prepared because tomorrow she gets to know the real me.

The side I haven't shown her.

The part of me that is actually kind.

I just hope nothing bad happens I'll take her to a park and we will hang out there as I tell her.

I think she'll be happy. God, I hope she is.

I don't want her to be mad at me. I mean I have kept it a secret all this time.

But because of my developing love for her, she will know my name.

For she has to be my soulmate. She may not yet see it but I do.

She will be mine. Forever...

1052 words guys. What do you think of Evelyn and this chapter? I hope you like it. It took awhile but I got it out. Stay frosty my huskies.