Here... Again (Chapter 16)

Alex's P.O.V.

Ben and I have decided to go to Olive Garden after work today.

I got home and we left to Olive Garden and get seated by none other than Daniel.

"Are you guys a couple yet?" Daniel asked us as Ben dropped his pen.

"N-No... Daniel. Please don't ask that ever again... Ok?"

"Fine! Now what can I get you to drink?" Daniel says, handing us menus.

"I just want a sweet tea, like last time," I tell him.

"And I'll take a soda again."

"Coming right up!" Daniel says cheerfully, walking away.

"How is he always so happy?" Ben asks, and I shrug.

After a few minutes Daniel comes back.

"Here you are!" He says, handing us our drinks. "Can I take your orders now?"

"I just want the Fettuccine Alfredo with salad again, it was really good," I say, and he writes it down.

"And I guess I'll just take chicken masala with salad, like last time," Ben says, looking down at his menu for a second.

"Alright," Daniel says, ripping out the paper with our orders on it. "I'll be back soon with your food!"

"Thank you!" I call after Daniel, as he walks away.

"He is really annoying," Ben says grumpily.

"How?" I ask, genuinely confused. "I thought he was nice."

Ben just huffs and doesn't answer me, instead turning to conversation to a different topic. "So what do you think about your job?" I shrug.

"It's definitely a lot of work, but I like it."

"And what about the future? What are your plans for then?" Ben asks, folding his arms.

"I guess that depends... I do have some goals that I hope to achieve in the future of course... but, nothing is set in stone yet." Ben stares at me for a moment, before simply nodding.

"What about you?" I ask him, trying to keep the conversation going. "Any big plans for your future?"

"Some," he replies back. "I do hope that one day I'll have 3 dogs." I laugh, and am about to respond when Daniel comes back with our food.

"Here you go!" He says, handing us our plates before running off again to give someone else their order.

"By the way..." I start, making Ben look up at me from where he was staring to cut into his chicken. "Why did you get the same thing again? Last time you ate the chicken you made a face like you didn't like it." Ben shrugs, then rolls his eyes.

"It was very dry and tasteless last time but I was hoping they improved... plus you got the same thing as last time so I just decided to as well." I just giggled as he smiled and took a bite of his chicken.

His face held so many emotions. "It is just as bad as last time!" His face scrunched up as he put his fork back down on the plate, turning to his salad instead.

"Hopefully this is better..." He mumbles, obviously annoyed. I chuckle, biting into my Fettuccine Alfredo.

"At least mine is good!" I exclaim, smugly, Ben glaring at me as I continue to eat.

~Flashback~

I was walking home from the market. Out of nowhere people in gray suits came out of nowhere and blindfolded me and knocked me out. When I came to, I was in a blue room. It was freezing. I stood and walked around. Slowly the room started filling with water.

~Flashback end~

I gasped as I sat as straight as I could. "Alex! What's wrong?" I was breathing heavily.

Ben got up and raced over to my side. He pulled me into a hug as Daniel walked up with our check.

He aw'ed and set down the check and walked away.

I started crying. Ben rubbed my back and shushed me. I calmed down after a few minutes and he went to pay the check.

He payed with exact change. We got up to leave. I grabbed his hand as we walked out and put my head on his shoulder.

I could here him gasp but I held his hand all the way to the car. When we got in he immediately started the car and started driving us home.

"Heh... Sorry about holding your hand. I just was really kind of scared." I said breaking the obvious tension in the air.

"It's ok Alex. I get that the flashbacks are hard for you to cope with... So don't apologize about something you can't control." He smiled lightly.

"Now... Want to tell me about this Flashback?" I sighed. The question I didn't want him to ask.

"I guess... It was back to when I was first getting frozen. I was walking home and then I got kidnapped. I woke up in a blue room. It slowly started to fill up with water and get colder. Then it just abruptly ends." Im at the verge of tears as we pull up to the drive way.

Ben gets out and opens my door. When he sees me about to cry again he grabs my hand walks us inside. We sit down on the couch and I cry my heart out. He just holds me tight.

HELLLLOOOOOO Everyone! I'm so sorry that I haven't been posting! I have been busy and this Chap was a harder one to write. Also thanks to bri_1457  for helping! And remember to vote if you liked it! Anyways! Stay Frosty My Huskies