So I guess we're friends? (chapter 6)

Evenlyn's pov

Lex is so nice to me even though I said I have to take her in. I mean I did tell her I'd take her in after a year. I dont even know if I can do that.

I dont want to hurt her but I may have to. If she falls in love with him. God it would make it even harder to take her in. She wouldn't want to leave him.

"Evelyn? Are you alright? You seem out of it." She asked me with concern in her eyes.

"Huh? Oh I'm fine! Just thinking. That's all." I replied quickly trying not to seem nervous.

"If you say so." She answered continuing to watch the movie.

That was too close. I can't let her know what I'm thinking about. She doesn't need this pressure on her. She's to innocent to worry about this. Maybe I should work with her. To toughen her up for testing. That sounds good!

His pov

I'm so ready to tell Alex my name. I hope she doesn't hate me for keeping her in the dark for so long. She doesn't seem like the kind of girl to get mad at those kinds of things. I just need to be calm as I walk down there. Here I go.

Alex's pov

I heard someone come down the stairs. I turn around and see him. I wonder why he is coming down.

"Alex, can I talk to you? In private." He asked as he walked to the kitchen.

"Sure," I say getting up and following him.

"What's this all about? Is there something you need to tell me?" I say as he sighs and turns to face me.

"Alex. I'm about to tell you my name. I think its only fair you to know." I gasp as he tells me this. I didn't think it would be this soon that he would tell me his name.

"My name is...... Benjamin. You can call me Ben if you'd like." He said as I just stood there. My mouth was wide open after he told me this. What. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He just told me his name. WHAT THE HECK!!! I wasn't expecting this. Is he ok? I feel his forehead.

"Are you ok? You seem like you're going crazy. You just told me your name!" I say as I feel his forehead and mine.